• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 fuses data for unlocking

Hi

just wondering if this card can be unlocked to PE/XT with 16 pipes
currently it has 12 pipes only

My card is GeCube : RADEON X850PRO Gold Edition
http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_id=25956

ati tool screen shots and original bios dump using RaBiT-2.1
any tips or advice appreciated

Attachments

• my card.JPG
    my card.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 611
  • originalbios.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 505
thanks for the quick reply

dolf

now i know what i need to do, get new card soon......:cry:

TheMafioso

Processor Intel core2duo e4300
Motherboard ASUS P5B Vanilla
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x512MB DDR2 Kingston 667MHZ
Video Card(s) BBA Radeon X850XT
Storage 2x80GB Seagate/Samsung
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 19" 955DF
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy Gamer / Inspire t6060 5.1 Speakers
Here's my BBA x800 pro VIVO ATITool screenchot

Can it be modded to x800xt ?
Active pipelines are 12

Here's my BBA x800 pro VIVO ATITool screenchot

Can it be modded to x800xt ?
Active pipelines are 12

Yes it can and also the X800PRO 16 pipes BIOS will work. My advice is to start with X800PRO 16 pipes BIOS and to try the max. core/memory overclock with 16 pipes. After that to decide X800XT or X800XT PE BIOS to flash. Think about better cooling - something like ATI Silencer 5 ;) .

Download link to the automated flash utility: http://www.savefile.com/projects/670063

You have to reilstall the drivers after every flash!

Good luck

TheMafioso

Cooling Stock
Yes it can and also the X800PRO 16 pipes BIOS will work. My advice is to start with X800PRO 16 pipes BIOS and to try the max. core/memory overclock with 16 pipes. After that to decide X800XT or X800XT PE BIOS to flash. Think about better cooling - something like ATI Silencer 5 ;) .

Download link to the automated flash utility: http://www.savefile.com/projects/670063

You have to reilstall the drivers after every flash!

Good luck

Okay i've used the automated flashed utitlity to flash to x800 pro 16 bios, the flashing was done successfully and i've reinstalled the drivers but still the number of active pipelines in Atitool shown are 12 instead of 16 :confused:
So what do i do know ??

BTW i'm using catalyst 6.9 drivers

Edit: Ok nevermind, i used the modified flashrom to flash 16P x800 pro bios as mentioned in w1zzard's guide and now i have unlocked the 4 additional pipes :toast:

THANX GUYS!!! YOU ROCK !! :D

And i've checked the card is running fine at x800xt speeds(500/500), ran 3dmark05 and played nfs:mw for some time, card is doing fine :rockout:
Will flash with x800xt bios in some time.....

Off topic:
BTW if i decide to flash to x800xt or x800xt pe BIOS lateron, do i really need a better cooler b'cause the x800xt pe uses the same cooler as of my card (i've checked out images of sapphire, powercolor and BBA cards, all have the same cooler which is same as mine)....
As i've heard the chip on x800 pro is same x800xt pe chip...so both should heat up identically at same frequency... or Does the x800 pro chip heat up more :confused:

Last edited:
Okay i've used the automated flashed utitlity to flash to x800 pro 16 bios, the flashing was done successfully and i've reinstalled the drivers but still the number of active pipelines in Atitool shown are 12 instead of 16 :confused:
So what do i do know ??

BTW i'm using catalyst 6.9 drivers

Edit: Ok nevermind, i used the modified flashrom to flash 16P x800 pro bios as mentioned in w1zzard's guide and now i have unlocked the 4 additional pipes :toast:

THANX GUYS!!! YOU ROCK !! :D

And i've checked the card is running fine at x800xt speeds(500/500), ran 3dmark05 and played nfs:mw for some time, card is doing fine :rockout:
Will flash with x800xt bios in some time.....

Off topic:
BTW if i decide to flash to x800xt or x800xt pe BIOS lateron, do i really need a better cooler b'cause the x800xt pe uses the same cooler as of my card (i've checked out images of sapphire, powercolor and BBA cards, all have the same cooler which is same as mine)....
As i've heard the chip on x800 pro is same x800xt pe chip...so both should heat up identically at same frequency... or Does the x800 pro chip heat up more :confused:

The problem is the X800PRO 16 pipe BIOS itself. You just used other X800PRO 16p BIOS which worked. Believe me about the cooling because I used to have X800XT flashed to PE card and it runs very hot. It is better to cool it in order to use it longer and eventually to overclock. I used my X800XT with X850XT PE speeds (540/590MHz) without problems because of ATI Silencer 4 rev.2. With the original cooler it was almost imposible for long time ;) .

malkaviano

Saphire X800 GTO 256MB.

Guys,

I was studing about the process, and i saw active pipelines 16. :wtf:
I just bought it 1 week ago.
Anything else to do, or just overclock now?

Tx in advance.

Attachments

• x800_1.jpg
    x800_1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 583
  • x800_2.jpg
    x800_2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 591
  • X800_3.jpg
    X800_3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:

TheMafioso

Cooling Stock
The problem is the X800PRO 16 pipe BIOS itself. You just used other X800PRO 16p BIOS which worked. Believe me about the cooling because I used to have X800XT flashed to PE card and it runs very hot. It is better to cool it in order to use it longer and eventually to overclock. I used my X800XT with X850XT PE speeds (540/590MHz) without problems because of ATI Silencer 4 rev.2. With the original cooler it was almost imposible for long time ;) .

Okay thanx for the advice...you've really been helpful :toast:
My card's touching about 71C, at full load, is it okay ? and what temps you get at pe speeds origanlly and now ?

BIOHazard87

System Name Leetness
Processor Intel Q6600 @ 3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB 800 HZ
Video Card(s) eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512mb
Storage 2x Hitachi Deskstar 160gb in RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 204BW 20"
Case Thermaltake Tsunami
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
lol i would try to stay below 70 even if GPU's can handle lots of heat

amun

? on lasercut mod

I have an AGP, BBA X850 Pro vivo, 481 core 1.6 memory that I currently run the XT PE bios on. Runs great with the exception that due to what I am guessing is a lasercut, I only get 12 pipes instead of 16.
Have verified thru ATI Tool that my fuses do not have the Fs where they need to be:
0xFFFFDFFF and
0xFFFFFF9E

My question is, if I perform the circuit trace mod to connect the cut pipes, what are my chances of enabling them? Also, after completing that hard mod, would I need to re-flash the X850 XT PE bios, or should it automatically detect and enable those pipes?

Thanks.

I have an AGP, BBA X850 Pro vivo, 481 core 1.6 memory that I currently run the XT PE bios on. Runs great with the exception that due to what I am guessing is a lasercut, I only get 12 pipes instead of 16.
Have verified thru ATI Tool that my fuses do not have the Fs where they need to be:
0xFFFFDFFF and
0xFFFFFF9E

My question is, if I perform the circuit trace mod to connect the cut pipes, what are my chances of enabling them? Also, after completing that hard mod, would I need to re-flash the X850 XT PE bios, or should it automatically detect and enable those pipes?

Thanks.

Try to connect the bridge but you have to know that the chance is less than 0.1% ;) .

amun

Ah well...kinda what I thought.
Guess I'll just clock it a bit higher and be happy. Even though I run it at XT PE speeds, this card still has about 20mhz of headroom in both core/memory before it starts to artifact.
Thanks for the reply dolf :)

Reports are Ive heard of one guy who did it with a circuit writer. I tried it with a pencil earlier today and couldnt do it. Im not sure if I scraped the protective layer on the tiny circles off right though.

Godinho

Bba X800pro Agp

Hi everyone.

Pretty long thread this one, isn't it?

Well, since everyone is getting their extra pipes, I was wondering if someone can help me to get some.... :ohwell:

Here are the fuses from my card:

fuses.JPG

I'm quite a newbie in softmod, so any help is welcome.

This is my original bios:

View attachment bios.zip

Hope you can fix this one out.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Is there any other mod possible for my card besides the pipes unlock??? :confused:

Pavlos3

x800gto pipes unlock

hi guys,

i just bought an x800gto

Atitool.jpg

what do u think can i unlock the extra pipes...?

Hi everyone.

Pretty long thread this one, isn't it?

Well, since everyone is getting their extra pipes, I was wondering if someone can help me to get some.... :ohwell:

Here are the fuses from my card:

View attachment 4324

I'm quite a newbie in softmod, so any help is welcome.

This is my original bios:

View attachment 4325

Hope you can fix this one out.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Is there any other mod possible for my card besides the pipes unlock??? :confused:

Your card will unlock. Save your BIOS just in case and use my automated flash utility for X800PRO VIVO AGP from here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/670063

hi guys,

i just bought an x800gto

View attachment 4326

what do u think can i unlock the extra pipes...?

Your card will also unlock to 16 pipes but please specify AGP or PCI-E is your card, also if it is AGP what is the colour of the board (red or blue). Test your max overclock for the core/memory with ATITool and post the result. R480 should go to minimum 500MHz.

Pavlos3

dolf you are the God of the entire europe......

Thanks man for ur kind replies ... My card is an agp and its blue....

I did take ur pm though

Now i think that i have damaged my card ... ( aquamark is giving extremelly low fps ) is there a way to fiqure this out.

tb

connect3d x800gto

Hi
I want to know if I can get the 4 pipelines in my connect3d x800gto (pcie; 256/256) card.The thing is that I flashed the bios once, it works but with problems: even if in 3dmarks (03-05-06) I get better scores, in reality in NFS-most wanted amd NFS-Carbon have errors: my PC is freezeing and I need to reset the Motherf**.I also have had problems with other games as well.So i put back the original bios and starting to search on the internet a better (the working mod bios)
I don`t have a external suply if that`s matter and I have no ideea wtf is with that low frequencies.Can anybody help me? with a mod bios, or some advice ??
I uploaded my original bios file and 2 screenshots.

Attachments

• atitool_1.JPG
    atitool_1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 638
  • atitool_2.JPG
    atitool_2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 668
  • orig.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 402

Pavlos3

dolf you are the God of the entire europe......

Thanks man for ur kind replies ... My card is an agp and its blue....

I did take ur pm though

Now i think that i have damaged my card ... ( aquamark is giving extremelly low fps ) is there a way to fiqure this out.

it did work now i am running at 16pipes...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D :rockout: :respect: :p :roll: :toast:

the last smilie is that you have some coffes from me here in greece.........
be well dolf and all the people here.......!

ps i had drivers problem with my nf3 chipset ( i thought i burned the card like the mobile newark 3700+........ newark 3700......what have i done...))

Anyway thanks guys
and u dolf.....

Godinho

Your card will unlock. Save your BIOS just in case and use my automated flash utility for X800PRO VIVO AGP from here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/670063

Dolf, like the greek Pavlos said, you're the man. Not just from Europe (I'm brazilian...). :respect:

Here´s the deal: you utility not just activate the 4 extra pipes, but also set my card to XTPE clocks... :roll: :roll:

Since I have a Zalman VF700AlCu and 1.6 ns memos, I don´t think there will be problems... Right?

One more question: if I raise the clocks (carefully, of course) to 850XTPE (540/590), there would still be some difference in the performance of both cards? Or did I get that lucky?

Thanks everyone, I'm very happy to be part of this forum.

And Dolf, I own you a legit brazilian "Caipirinha" (don't drink coffee - no alcohol, no fun).:rockout:

Dolf, like the greek Pavlos said, you're the man. Not just from Europe (I'm brazilian...). :respect:

Here´s the deal: you utility not just activate the 4 extra pipes, but also set my card to XTPE clocks... :roll: :roll:

Since I have a Zalman VF700AlCu and 1.6 ns memos, I don´t think there will be problems... Right?

One more question: if I raise the clocks (carefully, of course) to 850XTPE (540/590), there would still be some difference in the performance of both cards? Or did I get that lucky?

Thanks everyone, I'm very happy to be part of this forum.

And Dolf, I own you a legit brazilian "Caipirinha" (don't drink coffee - no alcohol, no fun).:rockout:

I used to have X800XT flashed to PE. After changing the cooler with ATI Silencer 4 rev.2 (it was the only proper cooler at that time) and slight voltmod for the memory I have adjust the X800XT to X850XT PE speeds. To be honest it is even better than the X850XT PE in some cases (I currently have X850XT PE AGP).

The answer of your question is YES you can clock it to X850XT PE speeds and even higher.

malkaviano

No Overclock.

Well i got 5050 pts in 3DMark with my 16 pipes Sapphire X800 GTO 256MB, the temperature is a problem with this video card, but i discovered that the fan just works at 50% most of the time. Btw this cooler is a piece of ****. So i'm using ATITools just to get it at 100% and stabilized the temp at 46~55°C at windows and 70°~80°C when playing.

Tryed overclock but with this cooler is almost impossible to get something expressive.

Disappointed with the cooler.