• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE - General information and discussion

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
ok.... reflashed.... works... but... same problem. memspeed is locked. what now?

Processor Intel C2D E8500 @ 4.25GHz (1.36V)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Cooling (Temporary) Tuniq Tower 120
Memory 2GB Transcend aXeram 1200+
Video Card(s) HIS HD3870 CF Volt modded
Storage 3 Seagate 320Gb Barracuda in an Intel Matrix Raid array
Display(s) Sony GDM-FW900 24" Widescreen CRT (a.k.a "The Shiznotch")
Case Ultra Aluminus Full Tower
Audio Device(s) onboard Intel HD audio
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
Software XP MCE + Vista (HP) dual-boot
I can't wrap my head around why the mem would be locked....

So you'll adjust the slider, then when you click "Apply" it snaps back to default?

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
I think that some of the RBE setting don't stick. I've tried to change the subsystem ID's on several bios, but I keep getting a "subsystem mismatch" when I try to flash my card.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
ok.... reflashed.... works... but... same problem. memspeed is locked. what now?
Did you tried to reinstall your VGA drivers ?

I think that some of the RBE setting don't stick. I've tried to change the subsystem ID's on several bios, but I keep getting a "subsystem mismatch" when I try to flash my card.
Try an older version of ATIwinflash (v2.0.0.2). I fixed on this why the subsystem mismatch and could flash without a problem (correction without forcing :p) a Sapphire HD3870 Atomic bios in my Sapphire HD3870 Build By ATI.

wow_lon

Powerplay Issue?

Can this issue be fixed by modifying the BIOS of an HD 3850? When I play a game like NFS ProStreet, I experience poor performance. When I checked Rivatuner, GPU usage is only about 30%! The clocks are fine, not lowering down to 2D clocks, but the GPU usage is still very low it affects the performance!

The graph above was taken while playing NFS Prostreet. The part there where the GPU usage is almost at 100% is when I was at the game menus. But when it's in the actual game, the actual race, the GPU usage goes down to only 30-40%. The part there where there is almost no GPU usage is when I pressed CTRL+TAB to check Rivatuner. I also experience it in Assassin's Creed, and other games too, even at the lowest possible setting and resolution.

Can it be fixed by modifying the BIOS? Thanks in advance for your replies...

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
What power supply are you using? It may be "stuck" in low power 3d mode. Hmmmm ....

wow_lon

@JrRacinFan

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a HEC Winpower 550W PSU. It might not be popular in your place, but I can say it's a reputable one.

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Yeah, it's not too too bad a psu. It was one of my pondering moments to ask 'tis all. :)

Figured I may as well ask, since 75% of problems with gaming rigs are psu related.

wow_lon

I will try another PSU this coming weekend just to be sure... TY

gamalrizaldi

System Name AM2
Processor AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition
Motherboard Biostar TA890GXE Ver. 5.2
Memory Muscle Power Gaming Series DDR3-2000 CL9 2x2Gb Reaper
Storage Maxtor SATA1 160GB
Display(s) LG W1952TQ
Power Supply Enlight 420W
the newest RBE cant work with my sapphire hd3650 gddr3 256mb.. rbe can load the bios, can modif the bios and save the edited bios, and the atiflash can update the vga, but after restart the system, the windows cant identify the vga.. but still work with rbe 1.09 with no problemo at all..

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
the newest RBE cant work with my sapphire hd3650 gddr3 256mb.. rbe can load the bios, can modif the bios and save the edited bios, and the atiflash can update the vga, but after restart the system, the windows cant identify the vga.. but still work with rbe 1.09 with no problemo at all..

Did you uninstall and reinstall your drivers?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author

ATI uses three device IDs for denoting 3600 series video cards. RBE writes just one of them to the file. So listen to Frankyboy, reinstalling the driver should solve the problem. Please tell me, if it does, because if not, I will have to change the internal device ID handling in RBE.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
ATI uses three device IDs for denoting 3600 series video cards. RBE writes just one of them to the file. So listen to Frankyboy, reinstalling the driver should solve the problem. Please tell me, if it does, because if not, I will have to change the internal device ID handling in RBE.

I was getting that exact same problem when I was flashing my HD 3650, too -- thought something was wrong so I eventually just flashed it back to the original bios with atiflash.

So, reinstalling the drivers will do it? I'll definitely try that later today -- by the way, thanks for making such a wonderful and easy to use program! Good UI is such a forgotten thing when people usually make modding programs. :p

By the way, whose lips are those in the "about" picture?

Alright I can tell and show you that the volt changes do WORK. (For Me) :D

Default 1.0 on 2D Clock States

Changed to 1.1 on 2D Clock States

I've gotten up to 1.2, don't know if I should go any higher, Since i'm only on stocking cooling. But with 1.2 XP Pro wouldn't load up, just keeps restarting. But with Vista it's fine.

chenakos

Hello everybody!

I'm writing about my GeCube ATI HD 2400 PRO AGP 512MB, which I purchaced 2 months ago. I upgraded my Asus Terminator P4 533A (initally purcheased barebone system in 2003). The hardware in the system is a P4 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR RAM, onboard sound. The AGP slot is up to 4x, while the VGA card is up to 8x, but nobody is perfect!

The problem was the video card's fan that was making some noticeable noise while the rest of the fan on CPU and case work only when temperatures rise. ATI's fan was working constantly, with no reduction in its speed.

I though I'd use RBE and modify ATI's fan settings in the card's BIOS, so the fan will work in lower speeds. But I wasn't able to find info about the fan controller in HD 2400PRO and if it really can regulate the fan speed.

So I though to unplug/disable the fan that was attached on the heatsink of HD 2400 PRO and let it cool passively using just the heatsink.

Of course there was no noise any more coming from the ATI video card and my system was once more silent as it used to.

I noticed though a slight increase in the GPU Temperature of about 10degrees C. When the fan was working the GPU had a temp at idle mode of 49-62 degrees C. When I disabled the fan the GPU in idle mode had a temp of 61-69 degrees C. Moreover I tried to stress the GPU to see how it is affected to the temperature without any fan help-just the heatsink.

I worked the GPU at 92-98% for about 40minutes constantly and the rising of the temp was about +5degrees C. Most of the time video card's temp was 69-71degrees C and for sometimes I saw it to reach 80-81degrees C and then back again to 69-71C for the rest of the time.

Now what I would like to ask you all is your opinion about this method. The attached heatsink is quite large (covers the half of card's PCB) so I think that disabling the fan won't make any major difference, or am I wrong??? About the rise of the temps: are those values acceptable for idle mode, or this maybe damage my card real soon?

Waiting for your wise comments... :cool:

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
@chenakos
You need some airflow. I suggest that you cut off the power connector of your gpu fan and connect it directly to a powermolex.

You have a few option:
Code:
Yellow(12volt)  Black(ground)  Black(ground)  Red(5volt)  Fan speed
        x             x                                   100%
        x                           x                     100%
                      x                           x       less than 50%
                                    x             x       less than 50%
        x                                         x       around 70%
The black wire must always be in one of the black connectors except for the Yellow/Red combination. There you must connect red(fan) with yellow(molex) and black(fan) with red(molex). I think the best combination for you is Yellow/Red. Its quiet and it is still cooling enough. I did this with my Arctic ATI Silencer 4. It was too noisy at full speed.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
So, reinstalling the drivers will do it? I'll definitely try that later today -- by the way, thanks for making such a wonderful and easy to use program! Good UI is such a forgotten thing when people usually make modding programs. :p
Thanks! :) Did reinstalling the driver actually work?

By the way, whose lips are those in the "about" picture?
It's Ruby's! Never watched "Whiteout", the ATI Direct3D 10 techdemo?

I though I'd use RBE and modify ATI's fan settings in the card's BIOS, so the fan will work in lower speeds. But I wasn't able to find info about the fan controller in HD 2400PRO and if it really can regulate the fan speed.
Why don't you just go ahead and try it out?

@chenakos
You need some airflow. I suggest that you cut off the power connector of your gpu fan and connect it directly to a powermolex.

You have a few option:
Code:
The black wire must always be in one of the black connectors except for the Yellow/Red combination. There you must connect red(fan) with yellow(molex) and black(fan) with red(molex). I think the best combination for you is Yellow/Red. Its quiet and it is still cooling enough. I did this with my Arctic ATI Silencer 4. It was too noisy at full speed.
Nice posting, as always. Thanked you deputyly. :cool:

chenakos

@chenakos

You have a few option:
Code:

I see what you suggesting here VuurVOS. Instead of powering the fan with 12Volts, giving it a 7Volts power so that it rans in lower speeds. That is a nice trick and I will definetely try it, although I am also thinking to try the Black/Red combination so I will set the fan ran even lower.

With some easy maths I found that the Yellow/Red combination turns the fan at 58%, while the Black/Red combination rans it at 41%.

The issue here is silence, so 41% is better than nothing. The thing is if 41% still adds up a the notisable noise to the overall system noise (which is fairly low though).

On the other hand, I still don't know if these 80degrees C that I saw the GPU reaching in full load are harmful to the GPU, or they are an acceptable temperature value between working conditions? :confused:

But again, hotter days are coming this Summer so increased ambient temperature always adds up some extra degrees C..

chenakos

Why don't you just go ahead and try it out?

I actually did tried it out with no success. At the end of the BIOS flashing work it gave me an error message and it stopped there... Maybe it had to do something with the "1" index I wrote at the flashing command in DOS mode - but that was the index I initially used to backup my original BIOS :confused:.

So now I am trying other solutions.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62

chenakos

@chenakos

You have a few option:
Code:

Done it! I used the Red/Black combination and now the fan works in lower speeds of course, while not making any noise at all! Temperatures are as when I first installed the card in my pc.

I think that GeCube should do this from the begining as there's no need for this card to have its fan running at 100% to keep it cool! Practice showed that when fan works in lower speeds cools GPU same as when it runs at full speed. Plus the card becomes noise-less.

Many thanks VuurVOS!

People having same kind of problem, first try this and then everything else.

System Name Shaman of Sexy
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE@4Ghz EK Supreme Block
Motherboard M3A79-T Deluxe Anfi-Tech Waterblocks
Cooling Magicool 360 + 120 + 120 Slim scythe slipped Laing DDC-1/T
Memory 4GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 EK 4870 X2 Block
Storage RAID 0 Seagate
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 22"
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos RC-1000 in mod progress
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coba Nitrox 750W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1056967
Hi all,

I modded my HD2600Pro AGP with Artic Cooling Accelero S1 V2 + Turbo Module.

Link: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=147

Temp is arround 35° C idle and arround 38° C load.
All seems running well so far, my question is now, does the Fan Settings in Bios corrupt the Card timings if there is no GPU Fan Attached ?
or can I disable the fan function at all ? :confused:

Coz sometimes the game just stops in single colored screen. could be a driver prob
in Bioshock, Crysis i play over hours and COD MW just blows after level loaded

Fan from Turbo module is connected to 3Pin Molex > PSU and not on GPU onboard fan connector

thx

n0tiert

Attachments

• P5190059.jpg
    P5190059.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 494

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Does the Fan Settings in Bios corrupt the Card timings if there is no GPU Fan Attached ?
Of course not.

or can I disable the fan function at all ? :confused:
No.

Coz sometimes the game just stops in single colored screen. could be a driver prob
I'm sure this is an issue of your individual system. May be due to driver problems, but not necessarily. Hard to tell with the amount of information. Please refer to the TechPowerUp software help forum for this. Maybe these folks can help you.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Hi all,
Which COD do you play? If it is COD4, it can be a drivers issue. I also have that problem when crossfire is activated.

Last edited: