• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Replacement mobo for eMachines T2885

brainwave89

I need to replace my motherboard for my eMachines T2885 desktop and would be grateful for some suggestions on which make and model mobo I should replace it with. It seems to have a standard ATX motherboard.

The original motherboard can be viewed at:
http://parts.emachines.com/emachines/moreinfo.asp?product_id=69100

How is easy is it to remove the processor from the dead mobo to any new one I purchase?
I have previously built one computer a few years back.

The computer has a Celeron 2.8 GHz processor.

Come to think about it - is it worthwhile purchasing a new motherboard for this computer or would my money be spent better by purchasing a used computer with somewhat similar hardware for $175?

Thank you for looking!

brainwave89

Thanks Namslas90. I am cautious about verifying the correct mobo. Do you have any suggestions?

Namslas90

Thanks Namslas90. I am cautious about verifying the correct mobo. Do you have any suggestions?

Just make sure the form factor fits, as in size. Yours is a mATX, and nothing special included in yours. SO, just about any of them will work. The only problem with not getting an E-machine board is getting the OS to work again, as you have changed the mobo.

Whats the budget?

:toast: