• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wireless card not working in Windows 7

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Which drivers did you use? Since Rosewill doesn't have a Windows 7 driver for that card, the Vista driver v3.2.0.0 and v3.2.1.0 update are your best bet. Still no guarantee that it'll work on Windows 7, even though the two OSes are closely related.

Rosewill's product photos show that the card is using an Ralink RA2561T chip. Here is the OEM's driver download page:

They don't have a Windows 7 driver, either. If Rosewill's Vista driver won't work, give Ralink's driver a try. If none of them work, you're out of luck until official Windows 7 drivers are released.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have not heard anything. Was just wondering if you got it fixed?

Have not heard anything. Was just wondering if you got it fixed?

I tried quite a few drivers from the update catalog with no luck. Either the driver had an error installing, or I got the "device cannot start".

I'm probably gonna buy an ethernet cable and hook my desktop to my laptop to share the internet. Then run a windows Update. I noticed that when I installed Windows 7 on my laptop (where the internet worked) it went out and grabbed a bunch of driver updates. Maybe the same thing will work for my desktop if I provide it with an internet connection, at least that is what I am hoping... :rolleyes:

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, it did not work. Yeah, I read that at one of the forum thread, for somebody with a rt61 from belkin. He deleted the drivers and all from device manager and ran windows 7 update, it installed some other drivers he rebooted and viola; it worked. He said he had to try it two or three times.

Some sites say the old 2.0.3.0 driver works with windows 7.

Oh well, it looks like a lot of people use that card, so ralink or rosewill will probably come out with something soon, because they already have them for the 2771 and I believe other series.

Goodluck and if I run across any news I will post it for you.

D

Deleted member 67555

Some time back I had the same problem i did exactly the same thing 95Viper suggested you do, but it worked for me, so I think you have the right idea, get it online for some updates, and yeah i know it's frustrating when the thing you need the update for is what gets you online to do the updates
(same chip different vendor btw) 3.0.3.0 is what i use now

and yeah i know it's frustrating when the thing you need the update for is what gets you online to do the updates

It feels like Ubuntu 6.10 :laugh:

Update: I got the desktop connected to the internet via my laptop. Windows downloaded driver updates for the card, and "device cannot start"....

This is sorta sad, this card has worked in multiple distros of Linux, XP, Vista 64 bit, but now it won't work in Windows 7? I'm suddenly not so impressed. :\ The card functions fine in Vista, which I am using right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67555

It feels like Ubuntu 6.10 :laugh:

Update: I got the desktop connected to the internet via my laptop. Windows downloaded driver updates for the card, and "device cannot start"....

This is sorta sad, this card has worked in multiple distros of Linux, XP, Vista 64 bit, but now it won't work in Windows 7? I'm suddenly not so impressed. :\ The card functions fine in Vista, which I am using right now.
when i installed win7 pro I had the same issue except it said "the device could not start because there is not enough resources" so i moved it to another slot and it works now, give it a try, it's only slightly annoying to do it

ov2rey

System Name Melissa pc
Processor Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4 B3 F5 Beta Bios
Cooling Corsair H60 water cooling
Memory G.Skill RIPJAWS-X CL7 DDR3-1600 16GB [Dual Channel]
Video Card(s) Palit GTX580 3Gb DDR5 x2 SLI
Storage WD Caviar Black 1TBX2 Sata3 Raid 0 /WD 640G Black SATA-II
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" IPS
Case Lancool PC-K63 "First Knight Series"
Audio Device(s) High Definition Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair AX1200 modular