• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA: Problem with 'The Godfather'

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I sent this email to Electronic Arts last night:

Hi, I recently purchased 'The Godfather' for my PC. I read some reviews and was told that it was a 'control pad' compatible game yet when I click on the 'calibrate' button to configure my controller nothing happens. The game states my controller as active and I check the 'use pad' box but still nothing happens!

My control pad is a 'Joytech USB Neo-S controller' and it works perfectly with my other PC games. i have even downloaded and installed the most recent drivers for my control pad but this did nothing.

My friends 'Logitech' control pad works perfectly with 'The Godfather' but to be honest I dont think its fair that I now have to pay for another control pad to play this one game when my current pad is in perfect working order and is only a couple of months old!

And this is the reply I recieve today:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I’m sorry for the trouble with Godfather.

Well I totally understand how you feel. However, due to a huge number of gamepads available today, it is impossible for us to test them all with the game. That is why we came up with a supported list of gamepads:

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
Logitech Rumblepad 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad
Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2
Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 3
Thrustmaster Firestorm Wireless Gamepad
Saitek P990 Dual Analog Gamepad
Saitek P2600 Rumble Gamepad
Saitek P2900 Wireless Gamepad
Saitek P3000 Wireless Gamepad
Microsoft Universal Controller
Mad Catz PC Con™
Playstation 2 Controller (via Adapter -- only some adapters are supported)
Xbox Controller (via Adapter -- only some adapters are supported)
Nyko Airflo EX

If your gamepad is not on the list, then I'm afraid it has not been tested with the game. We cannot guarantee it will work. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (https://eauk.custhelp.com)

James K.
EA Games Technical Support

God I hate EA, they are quick enough to take your cash but when you point out a problem they just tell you 'sorry we cant help' :banghead:

Could have told you they're suckers a long time ago. Just buying all small studio's and wasting game titles by rushing them. They don't care about players, just about money.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
DanTheBanjoman said:
Could have told you they're suckers a long time ago. Just buying all small studio's and wasting game titles by rushing them. They don't care about players, just about money.

I totally agree m8, its all about the £$£$£$ to them.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
You can't consistently produce products of diminished quality. An event will occur, or a point in time will be reached, causing either an end to EA as we know it today, or an improvement in products produced.

System Name Current rig
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Z390 Aorus Xtreme
Cooling Corsair h150i Pro
Memory 32GB Ripjaws V 3200
Video Card(s) Asus 2090 ti Strix
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 1tb
Display(s) Alienware aw3418dw
Case Thermaltake View 91
Power Supply seasonic 1kw
Well did you set all the controls yet? I had the same problem with HALO

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
bikr692002 said:
Well did you set all the controls yet? I had the same problem with HALO

Yep, my pads all calibrated in Windows perfectly.....the weird thing is that the game actually detects my pad has an 'active pad' but the in-game calibrate button doesnt work :mad:

FLY3R

Processor AMD 3700+ SD Core @ 2.8gHz
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Expert
Cooling Zalman
Memory G.Skill Extreme Series (2x 1GB) PC4000
Video Card(s) Evga 7800GT
Storage 80GB Seagate
Display(s) ViewSonic 20.1" Widescreen 16:9
Case CoolerMaster Centron
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
Power Supply SeaSonic 600w SLI
Software XP pro (sp2)
Dang that sucks, yeah i don't care for EA ether. I think that they think that just becuase we buy there games that where happy with them, but there dead wrong.

Not Guilty

Logitech Rumblepad 2.0USB

Seems like we all agree that huge $ machines like EA pretty much suck.

I got the game today. :rockout: It seems my pad is working except for the second analogue stick. When I click on the configuration button for that stick I message pops up which says the stick can't be used :shadedshu

However; this I can live with although this is not the first time EA has tempted me to engage in UNA-bomber activities :nutkick:

Different problem - same game: The mouse is wierd. I might sound awfully like a dumb-ass here, but hear me out! Is my character supposed turn left when I move the mouse to the right (...and turn right when I move it to the left)? Of course, I'm aware of the fact that inverted mouse will cause the character to look up when u move the mouse away from u. But surely this can't be right :confused:
I run around like a mental case on LSD here.

friedchicken

Well here is my story, I have a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad, which I purchased a year ago after having a perfectly good one, because its the ONLY game pad that would work with MVP baseball 05, which I don't have to tell you is an E.A. game. But it still doesn't work in Godfather, I can actually push the calibrate button, but it won't detect the movement. I also have a Nyko airflo and it won't let me press the calibrate button either. I'm a programmer in the modeling and simulation field and know the steps it takes to code controls for a game. The only way for software for behave the way this game does, as well as the other E.A. titles with un-"supported" gamepads, is for them to have designed this way. They obviously have contracts with these few manufacturers. f'n Greedy scumbags

Knitewulfe

Yep :banghead: I just hope more people start looking into "alternative" ways to get EA games since we never know whether they will work or not anymore. I have sworn I would never buy another EA product the last 3 times I have bought an EA game. This is only the second game I have found that my USB x-box controller didnt work on (at least the second one I would actually use a gamepad for) and the 1st was EA as well. Also the mouse controls suck as well... way to ruin what could have been a really cool game EA.

I still have my anti EA propaganda saved on my computer from last time they screwed me on my purchase... :wtf:

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
WOW... irrelevant, but this thread got over 2000 views which is quite a lot for a general problem like this!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Jimmy 2004 said:
WOW... irrelevant, but this thread got over 2000 views which is quite a lot for a general problem like this!

LOL, my problems sorted now but I had to get a new pad (Logitech RumblePad II)

Game Rat82

Joy to key

Well I know this thread is a little outdated but here goes... Have you not considered using Joy to key software ??? This should solve any joystick problems... You can even play games that doesn't support joystick in any joystick using this program... Just assign the board keys you want to work in the joystick and the software do the rest. It's quite simple. Hope it helps

Game Rat82

Yeah it works just fine. I have a psx analog usb pad and it wasn't working in The Godfather. I just used joytokey and the joystick is working now. You can even assign the mouse rotation function to the right analog thumbstick. really useful software. google it: jtk379en and have some fun.

bobby91079

hi , does anyone have the joytokey settings that would work best with the Godfather?? ... currently can´t get the right thumbstick working and fingers are all over the place trying to press buttons!! would be much appreciated!!!! thanks

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Gotta LOVE EA.. i be glad when Tru swing is available for other game makers to use in there games as thats the only reason i play EA's PGA.

Have you tryed setting it up as one of those reconmended gamepads just a thought.

However i have had no problems using the Fang and mouse with this game.