• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[360/PS3] Final Fantasy XIII Discussion

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Well, This is the start, of what should be a very long thread to come.. It's now official.. Final Fantasy Xiii will be coming out 9-03-2010 to both US/UK. Via this link here

I, like most, have grown up via Final Fantasy. It being a staple of a series for me to play. I really don't care to much for "tactics" versions, but the final fantasy series has been an enjoyable time for me to play.

But, after you watch the video, you'll see how much this game has changed via being in the "new era" of "console" gaming..

I start this for a Discussion, for all of us, to start on all levels of "Console" talks.. 360/Ps3 alike.. This one will be coming out via both, and at same time. There is no PC talks, that I know of, at this time.. It would be great to see it come.. But, we all know the head ache FF7 was... But, then again, it was due to them not "knowing" the hardware.. IMO at lease.

So, lets talk!

Note: It's Listed as "day/Month/Year" So March-9-2010

Man, I'm pre-ordering mine next pay!!!

"Influential and always pushing new boundaries, FINAL FANTASY has transcended generations and cultures for over 20 years. Behind each entry in the series is a team of the most talented minds devoting years of their craft to create. Now, the creative minds that brought you FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY X take the acclaimed series into an entirely new realm with FINAL FANTASY XIII, an entry that touts the series' most impressive cinematic experience, once again setting the new standard in RPG gaming.

Square Enix is truly excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY XIII will be released on March 9, 2010. The much anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIII is the first FINAL FANTASY title developed specifically for high-definition consoles, and also marks the beginning of a brand new chapter in the franchise, FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Dealt a fate that marks them a threat to Cocoon humankind's floating haven in the sky Lightning, Snow and the others must find the strength within themselves to break free of their curse and fight for what they believe in. An immersive story of destiny, decisions and faith is about to unravel."

The date has been set. The rest is up to you."

Via if you where signed up, I AM!, for Square Enix's newsletter

Paradigm Shift:

Japanese | English | Description Attacker (ATK) | Commando (COM) |Build attack chains more easily with enhanced strength.
Blaster (BLA) | Ravager (RAV) |Charge enemy chain gauges with concentrated attacks.
Defender (DEF) | Sentinel (SEN) |
Enhancer (ENH) | Synergist (SYN) |Support allies with an array of magical enhancements.
Healer (HLR) | Medic (MED) |
Jammer (JAM) | Saboteur (SAB) |

Why did they have to go and do that!

In the battle system of the game, the player can only control one character at a time. The other party members' actions can, however, be affected by a system called the "Paradigm Shift" ("Optima Change" in the Japanese version), which was explained by Motomu Toriyama at Gamescom 2009.

Paradigms are described as "stances" or "classes" that the characters temporarily take during battles to define the abilities they use. However, they are more strict than job classes; for example, the character with a Healer's role equipped can do nothing but heal, while the Attacker's role forces the character to only attack with physical and magical strikes.

The paradigms can be changed at any time to suit the situation at hand. However, they cannot be changed individually to each character, only for the whole party at a time. Thus, a paradigm is a combination of three roles. Possible paradigm variations count up to hundreds. The roles used are shown as colored abbreviations next to the characters' names in the battle screen.

Confirmed paradigms include Aggression, All for One, Dualcasting, Overwhelm, Peacemaker, Relentless Assault, Slash & Burn, The Ettin, Decimation, Smart Bomb, Tireless Charge and Vanguard.

Trailer/Interview
GC 09: Interview Part II
September Interview
Japanese 5min trailer

Last edited:
System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Um i thought FF13 was supposed to BE a pc release and ported to consoles? Thats what everyone was saying before.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
Um i thought FF13 was supposed to BE a pc release and ported to consoles? Thats what everyone was saying before.

Nope, it's developed for the 360/Ps3. Suppose to be a Ps3 exclusive but it was one of the games that the old Sony pres forgot to sign on to when developing the Ps3. So, Square is developing another called "Final Fantasy XIII Versus".

All pre-sales show that there isn't a PC version to buy, and I believe that if you go to G4tv.com (I can't due to work filters) it will show via "tags" ps3/360 game.. Meaning no PC news.

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Did a little google work and supposedly the confusion from E3 came that they are developing the game on PC but its going to be PS3 and 360 only. Pretty fucking gay considering it would look so much better on a PC.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
Did a little google work and supposedly the confusion from E3 came that they are developing the game on PC but its going to be PS3 and 360 only. Pretty fucking gay considering it would look so much better on a PC.

Yeah, it's a shame... We now have the ability to "port" games to the computer better then we did back then when they did it for Final Fantasy 7... I don't know how Last Remnant did via PC... I know I played the demo but even after buying it on 360, it wasn't a title I wanted to spend XX on to get on PC as well..

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have a nifty way of playing new releases without pirating so i dont worry bout the money part. I just was reallllly hoping for 13 to be on PC so i can actually play it. I have 12 and x-2 but they dont really play well on the emulator.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I remember that they claimed this game would make 100% usage of the PS3's power. I am very eagerly anticipating this game.

I thought that it included a Versus mode and didn't know they were actually making an entirely different game for it.

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
It may take full use of the cpu but the gpu is pretty maxed out already. By all means, its only a 7900 series strapped in a plastic bbq.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Nice! Sony will be happy as I wasn't going to buy a PS3 until this game was released (or I had a need for a Blu-Ray player).

Certainly looking forward to it. Like you I grew up on FF, played them all (console, no hand-held), enjoyed Tactics, and even named my daughters Aeris and Celes.

Though as an "old timer" gamer, I'll honestly be surprised if it's able to capture the spirit of the earlier games. Luckily I have a lot of good memories built up and can enjoy the eye candy in this case as long as the gameplay and story isn't completely flat.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I have a nifty way of playing new releases without pirating so i dont worry bout the money part. I just was reallllly hoping for 13 to be on PC so i can actually play it. I have 12 and x-2 but they dont really play well on the emulator.

Yeah, With me, if there is a pc version of the game, I get both.. Only if the version I get, is good enough to spend the extra money to get it on the Console/PC...

I was hoping also that I would be able to play it on PC.. I was going to keep my 360.. But, once I saw that Versus looks the way it does... I just say to the hell and went with the ps3.. that way I wouldn't have to grab it when 13 came out...

I'll have to find the emulator version of 12.. I had it on PS2, but ex-fiance's brother Gamestoped my whole Ps2 collection when she broke up with me...

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry to hear about your loss man. I bought my PS2 copy at Gamestop when my gf worked there :laugh:

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
Nice! Sony will be happy as I wasn't going to buy a PS3 until this game was released (or I had a need for a Blu-Ray player).

Certainly looking forward to it. Like you I grew up on FF, played them all (console, no hand-held), enjoyed Tactics, and even named my daughters Aeris and Celes.

Though as an "old timer" gamer, I'll honestly be surprised if it's able to capture the spirit of the earlier games. Luckily I have a lot of good memories built up and can enjoy the eye candy in this case as long as the gameplay and story isn't completely flat.

I've all ways wanted to call my daughter (if I ever have one) Aeris.. lol..

I'm happy that they are able to capture the herritage of Final Fantasy into 13.. You see a lot of Series now a day, just branch off to "something new" and it turns to be crap.. But, I don't think 13 will be one of those..

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Yup I got the email CS and all I can say is "It's about time Square Enix", I've been stuck playing Dissidia ATM until this thing is released.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I remember that they claimed this game would make 100% usage of the PS3's power. I am very eagerly anticipating this game.

I thought that it included a Versus mode and didn't know they were actually making an entirely different game for it.

Dissidia was their "vs" game that they where developing.. Final Fantasy XIII Versus is going to be their "dark" game.. I'm liking it more then the regular one.. Not because of it being a male as role, but the art work just tickle's my taste buds more then FF13... But, that doesn't mean I'm not grabbing 13! :rockout:

Yup I got the email CS and all I can say is "It's about time Square Enix", I've been stuck playing Dissidia ATM until this thing is released.

I need to grab a new psp.. Mine finally died on me... So I wasn't able to paly that, and I'm about 70% done with FF7 again... :roll:

Yeah, it's about time!

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
FF7 has to be the greatest game of all time. Period.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
FF7 has to be the greatest game of all time. Period.

:rockout: Mordern Warfare 2 WHO? :rockout:

I feel that if, its been hinted that it might be happening due to them making hearty jokes on "what if's", they made a remake of that... It would be a top sell of all time... Just look at how 13 has done, in japan, via demo it self... It came out with the Collector's Blu-ray version of FF7:AC... I think they saw a 500% ( don't know numbers since I'm still at work) incress in PS3 sales just because of the Movie having the demo.. Now, I have both Collector's editions of FF7Ac.. I can say... They don't water down stuff like some others... The updated version is just... Gives me goose bumps thinking of it!

Now, since there is a March-9th-2010 date... You think we'll see the demo come first of the year? Or, around Christmas? I'm thinking yes..

Mouse Logitech G502
Software Windows 10 Pro
A remake of 7 would make me jizzed in my pants.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I really need to read up on FF13.. There has to be a reason behind the names.. Lightening, Snow, Hope... Just has to be...

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
I will preoder it aswell I like it art, visuals, battle system everything about it.
Even thou I didnt play any of previous games because i never owned console in my life except for genesis or some old style consoles.still I want to get this one for sure.I wonder if it will have 2BRay discs or just one,because what I heard and read about previous games they are massive 2+discs.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard MSI X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 32 GB Team Xtreme DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 7900 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600/2 TB Intel 660p
Display(s) 31.5" Acer ED323QUR
Case Corsair Carbide 500R
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 GT
Mouse Havit HV-MS735
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy Graphics 26359 CPU 11728 Total 22203
I really need to read up on FF13.. There has to be a reason behind the names.. Lightening, Snow, Hope... Just has to be...

I'm not sure, but I find it interesting that some of the characters' names describe their Eidolons. Snow is linked to Shiva, whereas Hope is linked to Alexander.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I will preoder it aswell I like it art, visuals, battle system everything about it.
Even thou I didnt play any of previous games because i never owned console in my life except for genesis or some old style consoles.still I want to get this one for sure.I wonder if it will have 2BRay discs or just one,because what I heard and read about previous games they are massive 2+discs.

When FF7 came out, it was a 3disc game.. From that point on, I made sure to see if a rpg had more then one disc.. The bad thing.. FF7 was a staple on how I thought RPG's should be.. Well, the long part.. I believe 8 was 4/5 disc long.. I forget right now..

I'm not sure, but I find it interesting that some of the characters' names describe their Eidolons. Snow is linked to Shiva, whereas Hope is linked to Alexander.

Ahh, that could just be it. I just now finally went to the Final Fantasy Wikia and it shows that Odin is linked to Lightening.. I really liked Odin's "video" in every Final Fantasy that he's been in.. Their nice and dark. Hell, every video for the "summons" are great.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I think that FF14 is going to a PC game - ported to all platforms.

On topic - i REALLY liked FF 7-8 but the last few have just seemed too short for me. I like a game that takes forever to complete.

On another note - if this game is good, then i will be purchasing an xbox/ps3 to play it on. I miss these games so much not having either one to play them on.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
I think that FF14 is going to a PC game - ported to all platforms.

On topic - i REALLY liked FF 7-8 but the last few have just seemed too short for me. I like a game that takes forever to complete.

On another note - if this game is good, then i will be purchasing an xbox/ps3 to play it on. I miss these games so much not having either one to play them on.

Yeah, 14 will be on PC since it's going to be their "MMORPG" Yes, making another one.. But, I believe they have learned from 11 on what to do and not.. Or, at lease I'm hoping.

10 was a great game... it took a good long time, and if anything you had Blitz ball to make it even longer.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
Yeah, 14 will be on PC since it's going to be their "MMORPG" Yes, making another one.. But, I believe they have learned from 11 on what to do and not.. Or, at lease I'm hoping.

10 was a great game... it took a good long time, and if anything you had Blitz ball to make it even longer.

that could have been the one i didn't get to play.

And FF8 was 4 disc, hoping this one to be at least 2.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Storage Too Many
Software Win10 Pro
that could have been the one i didn't get to play.

And FF8 was 4 disc, hoping this one to be at least 2.

Yeah, 10 was the one on ps2. It was a awesome game. now x-2... Good, but not as good...

I'm hoping for at lease 2, but then again it's blu-ray that they'll be using.. Not like Xbox in which Lost Oddyssey/Star Ocean (very good rpg's if anyone has a 360) where multiaple disc.