• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT M59 Front Fan Install Guide :)

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
OK this guide is to fix a small flaw that the M59 case has for the front 120mm fan. In front of this case you can fit a 120mm fan with up to 38mm in width! so those high speed CFM fans would be bringing in the nice COLD air :)

This project is easy and would be great for a beginning modder.

OK

First were gonna take the front of the case off. Its easy to remove the front, just grab under the bottom and give a small pull and it should pop right off. In this picture i have my fan already in position and the power cable slid through the right side so it will be behind the HDD cage.

OK next! I used regular 1/2 inch case fan screws like below (As long as they will go through the fan plastic and have enough to screw into the metal).

OK now go grab your good ole trusty modding drill :) Then you need a 5/32 Drill Bit (its the perfect size for drilling holes for these case screws and gives it a TIGHT FIT). Now the original holes were made for some type of screw that NZXT forgot to include (GO FIGURE LOL) so use your 5/32 drill bit and drill them out BUT dont widen the holes too much! just one straight dill motion will do to keep the screws nice and tight! Oh and i took some paper towel and made it were it would catch the metal shards while drilling.

Now take you screws and make sure they fit nice and snug and if they dont screw in take the drill and work the hole out alittle more but not too much do it in small sessions. Please take your time and it will work perfect for you :)

OK now i bought a small Phillips head screw driver that will fit through the holes in the 120mm fan. What you do next is start screwing in the fan screws until they are about to poke out on the other side.

Now take out the paper towel with the metal shards so you do not spill them into the case! when i did this project i did it with ALL of my hardware still installed.

Now Position the fan were the screws and holes mount up and use your skinny phillips head screw driver to screw them in nice and snug.

FINALLY!!! make sure you snap the front panel back on the case and now you have a good powerful 120mm fan pulling air into the case from the front

nice tutorial is that thing blocking the fan part of the case or the hard drive enclouser as i would cut it off for more free air flow

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
The hard drive cage is behind the 120mm fan but i could take my drimmel and cut out the metal behind the 120mm fan right before the HD cage

*EDIT*

I JUST DOUBLE CHECKED AND NO THERES NO METAL JUST HDD CAGE

Last edited:

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB