• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1600Pro AGp Oc'n

RaptorSmurf

Well after a few days of doin a lot of research On how to volt mod A x1600Pro Agp , i found my ans Located Here ( i will bring up 3dmarks and a ss of riva tuner with a shot of the card in comp ) i realize its a x1300 but it has the same exact Layout as a X1600Pro Agp card ( i used the pencil Trick ) so thanx TechPower :toast: , There are a lot of these cards Out there and people want to squeeze out as much as they can out of em . ( i am exactly like that myself ) there are 2 things that needs to be addressed before seriously overclocking these cards . 1) being the Hsf for the gpu ( of coarse ) and (2nd) the Rialto Bridge Chip Gets hotter the HADIES and it limits the overclocking potential of this card ( mostly with the memory freqs , Odd i know but it does )

Firstly Heres a comp shot of My X1600Pro agp in All its glory with the rialto Bridge Cooler and a AmdXp Hsf on the core with custom Memory coolers

The image is upside down (not my comp) but if you notice there is a cooler on the rialto Bridge Chip as this helps Signifently with stabilty on the card when overclocking it . Mounting the cooler on to that is a bit tricky as there are no hold downs remotly close enough for you to mount a Hsf to it so the only option you have is to use Artic Silver Thermal Glue and permentally glue it to the chip ( or use a 75-80% articsilver paste and 20-25% Articsilver Thermal Glue and hope it can be removed :rockout: ) By replacing the Original Hsf on the Gpu and placing a Bridge cooler ( also please note theres a fan the Blows directly across this Hs to allow better cooling it ) and mem coolers i was able to reach 600 X 504 ( 1008 ) for max Clocks .

Like i mentioned Before i used the Pencil Mod trick to increase the voltage On my core and my Memory . heres my current speeds and current Scores 3dmark05/06 ( these do affirm the clock speeds i am using )

heres a ss of the Riva Tuner and my 3dmark scores 3dmark06 3dmark05 as you can see my cards at 722 core x 504 mem ( 1008 effective ) but it does require a lil bit of extra work . so long story Short ( too late muhahahahaha) If you you can Mount a cooler on the Rialto Bridge and get a better cooler for the Gpu core these cards can do miracles .

with out volt mod my most stabile settings with rialto bridge cooler was 600 core / 495 ( 990 effective ) mem in fable , tomb raider Legend , Most wanted , area 51 , Republic commando , sniper elite . etc . etc. etc. and most stable stable overclocking ( all out Balls to the WALLS ) was 621 core and 504 ( 1008 effective i use Effective Freqs ) mem . I would Try An attempt of a Tutorial On a VOlt Mod But as you can see my camera is sucking big time :(