• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water cooling clamp advice

Processor 9900k @ stock (direct die)
Motherboard Aorus Master z390.
Cooling Dual Loop, Custom
Memory 16GB Corsair RGB Pro
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti SEAHAWK EK X
Storage Samsung 960 512, Samsung 860 2TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB
Display(s) Asus MG278Q/Acer XB270HA
Case MM U2-UFO Extended CYO
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense & AKG K550 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K70 mk.2 Silent
Software Win 10 Pro X64
Thanks for the advice. I agree that once you put the screwdriver to the band clamps, you're good to go. I might see if I can find them in black, or just spray the 8 that I will need. Sure like the looks of the Primochills, though.

Processor i7 6700k 4ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z170 fatal1ty
Cooling Corsair H100i GTX with Noctua NF-F12 fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw V series 2666mhz 2x8gb
Storage HyperX predator 240gb M.2 SSD/Samsung 850 EVO 500gb/3tb WD Red
Case Corsair 250D
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G
you can get them at any local hardware store extremely cheap dont order online i used to order online until i got them same thing for 59 cents at the hardware store + if u need more there they are and no cost of shipping

I totally agree about picking up the screw band type clamps at a local hardware store, I use them all of the time to fix my compressor hoses. I was just hoping someone would convince me that this type of clap would be just as safe inside my case. I know it's not as effective, but I really like the look better.

shevanel

ah same hose I have.. Feser.

you'll be fine with standard hose claps from the hardware store. (I personally like the plastic type with the click teeth as they don't leave indentions on the end of the hose) If you dont have an external psu to start the loop up just look up how to jump the PSU and leak test it for a day. Should be golden after that.

(be sure to have all motherboard power cables and everything disconnected.. the only thing that should be connected to the psu when you jump is the pump)

D

Deleted member 74752

Try these. Notice the curvature of the head...it prevents the pinch point standard ties present. Worm type clamps only chew the tubing. The ties are an old OMC product, but I'm sure you can find them at any marine dealer. ;)

Well, I ordered the black metal reusable ones I like, the plastic Herbie clips that shevanel likes, and it just so happens that my Father-in-law owns a marine repair buisness, so I'll hunt down some of those fancy zip ties as well. When you live in a rural area and have to order everything, it pays to cover your bases.

Thanks for the help.

Processor 9900k @ stock (direct die)
Motherboard Aorus Master z390.
Cooling Dual Loop, Custom
Memory 16GB Corsair RGB Pro
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080Ti SEAHAWK EK X
Storage Samsung 960 512, Samsung 860 2TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB
Display(s) Asus MG278Q/Acer XB270HA
Case MM U2-UFO Extended CYO
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense & AKG K550 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K70 mk.2 Silent
Software Win 10 Pro X64
Try these. Notice the curvature of the head...it prevents the pinch point standard ties present. Worm type clamps only chew the tubing. The ties are an old OMC product, but I'm sure you can find them at any marine dealer. ;)

i use the same ties for my scuba gear :p