• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon HD 5850 Overclocking Results

kakarott007

Hi guys. I'm interested in your results about overclocking the 5850, especially in those with raised voltage :D. I overclocked my card (Sapphire 5850 reference card)successfully to 1060/1270 @ 1.35V. I flashed the bios, the card stays cool and runs like a dream. I'm pretty curious if anyone overclocked the card to 1.4V, because I want to do it. You can post also your cooling method along with your results;). I only have a cheap no-name case that I modified and put two very powerful 120 mm fans on the side panel both of them blowing air straight on the graphics card ( 2 X Scythe Slipstream 1900 RPM), an 80 mm fan on the side panel also but on top of the CPU and 2 exhaust fans in the back of the case. So, anyone 1.4V until now:D? Oh, and I also want to know if there is anyone out there who fried his 5850 with high voltage/high temps, because so far I didn't heard about such cases. And if so, at what voltage did it blowed up ?

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
heres mine