• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dead Space Mouse Fix (ATI)

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
This is probably a repost, but I couldn't find anything and given the recent Steam sale it may prove useful to somebody else.

To get the mouse working, or rather, to make the game remotely playable, on an ATI card, try the following (it worked for me):

1. Set mouse sensitivity to highest and disable V-sync in the in-game options and exit.

2. Right click on your desktop and enter CCC. Click the Graphics drop-down menu in the top-left corner and enter the 3D sub-menu. Click on the All button at the top on the far right and scroll down to the option "Wait for vertical refresh". Move the slider from the default second position ("Off, unless application specifies" is displayed below the slide-bar by default) all the way to the right ("Always on" should now be displayed below the slide-bar). It might be a good idea to return this to the default value once you have finished playing Dead Space, but you should now be able to play the game.

Edit: I have also noticed that the mouse movement has to travel further in confined areas to achieve the required response, whilst in larger, more open areas, Isaac turns with greater ease and shorter mouse movements can be used: I suppose we'll just have to become accustomed to that.

Last edited:
System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
Yep, Dead Space PC is completely bricked with VSync. Found that out the hard way, too.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Yep, Dead Space PC is completely bricked with VSync. Found that out the hard way, too.

Yeah, it's very lame that this issue has not been addressed via an official patch after so much time.