• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AtiTool .25 beta 14 Resets itself...

orkan

My card is a saphire x1900xt.

So I've disabled the ati hotkey poller, and the "ati smart" service...
I've re-installed drivers twice...
Here's what happens:

I can launch Half Life 2, my clocks stay to whatever I set them as.
I can run Aquamark 3, and my clocks stay wherever I set them.
I try to watch a windowed video on google video or youtube and the clocks automatically reset to 500/600.
I try to paly Battlefield 2, my clocks reset to 500/600.
When I launch any video with windows media player, whether its in internet explorer or just a video I have on my hdd, my clocks reset.

When the clocks change I see the screen flash... then I click on atitool to make it the active window and I see the clocks have reset themselves. I can alt tab out of BF2, reload my overclocked profile, and the settings will stay. When I exit the game, the settings get reset again.

What the F is it doing that for, and how do I stop it?

UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
Processor I9 9900KS @ 5.3Ghz
Motherboard Gagabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Nexxxos Nova 1080 + 360 rad
Memory 32Gb Crucial Balliastix RGB 4.4GHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 (Bios and Shunt Modded) 2.17GHz @ 38C
Storage NVME / SSD RAID arrays
Display(s) 38" LG 38GN950-B, 27" BENQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p, Samsung 27" 3D 1440p
Case Thermaltake Core series
Power Supply 1.6Kw Silverstone
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard Corsair Viper Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hmm, thats a bit strange, have you tried assigning a hotkey to the overclock setting and using that while ingame? im not 100% sure if it works ingame but it may. I have never had that problem with BF2, try the hotkey and let us know if that helps, tho u may need to add it to the exception 3d detection list for the hotkey to work properly, i havent used the hotkeys yet so not 100% sure on that

orkan

Well I don't really need a hotkey... I can alt-tab out of the game very fast and reset the clocks.

I don't want them changing in the first place. :) Thanks for the attempt though.

UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
Processor I9 9900KS @ 5.3Ghz
Motherboard Gagabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Nexxxos Nova 1080 + 360 rad
Memory 32Gb Crucial Balliastix RGB 4.4GHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 (Bios and Shunt Modded) 2.17GHz @ 38C
Storage NVME / SSD RAID arrays
Display(s) 38" LG 38GN950-B, 27" BENQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p, Samsung 27" 3D 1440p
Case Thermaltake Core series
Power Supply 1.6Kw Silverstone
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard Corsair Viper Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh right, thought u ment everytime u opened bf2 they kept resetting, okies, my bad

orkan

They DO reset everytime I open bf2. I have to alt-tab and change them back to my profile. I want them to STOP resetting.

orkan

Atitool must be dead. Its been quite a few months since the last release... and I havn't seen a response from w1zzard... and nobody else seems to know what is up.

Sad days.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Atitool must be dead. Its been quite a few months since the last release... and I havn't seen a response from w1zzard... and nobody else seems to know what is up.

Sad days.

Hi everyone, im a new member and this is my first post so if this has already been posted then please feel free to delete. I did a search and did not see what im about to post so here it goes.:)

I have discovered that I can use a tool called Overclocker in conjuction with ATI TOOL and this cures the AVI, MPG downclocking problem in all of the drivers above 6.3!

Its really simple, I use Overclocker to overclock my X1900XT with both Core and Mem.
I use ATI TOOL to adjust the voltages.:)

Make sure you apply your overclock with the Overclocker program and use ATI TOOL for adjusting the voltages. This works really great and you guys might want to give it a shot.

Make sure you dont accidentaly change the clocks with ATI TOOL or it will downclock you again once video plays!

You still have to have the two ATI services disabled and make sure that you use the 2D mode in the Overclocker program when you overclock!

http://www.driverheaven.net/zardon/overclocker.zip

I have my aircooled X1900XT running at 730mhz core and 832mhz memory.

Read through the threads....