• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MOBO - info needed C51GU01

Namslas90

Need to replace Gateway BIOS with something decent for this MOBO. MOBO has some OK abilities, but Gateway Bios has them locked out. Looking to add RAID 10K Raptors, and would realy like to unlock the overclocking for CPU/MEM/ETC. Have all the ramsinks/fans/laping done for my cooling and can only overclock my ATI X1900XTX.
Yea, I've allready heard " Why, it's a Gateway!!"; Well, I like playing with the underdogs and seeing what I can get them to do. So far only spent $530 for the GT5056, $465 for the ATI X1900XTX, and $180 for 4ea 512MB OCZ GOLD 2,2,2,5 XTC memory, and about $130 for all the cooling (8 fans, fan controller, laping supplies, ramsinks, thermal compound, etc). SO, for a grand total of about $1,450 (w/shipping), this rig was not a whole lot of work, yet.
No need to benchmark yet, it runs real cool and plays DOOM 3 just fine, besides I'm not done playing with it!
Anyone with any info, hints, links to MOBO BIOS, would be helpfull.............Thanks!

I can't be sure for your board, but usually the boards of prebuilt systems simply have sucky BIOSes, your best bet would be to overclock it by software.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
still need help?

hey if u still need help unlock the c51gu01 gateway bios,i already have it "hacked" so if you want you can email me and i will send it to you and all you have to do is use winflash and flash your bios

harryJ

hey if u still need help unlock the c51gu01 gateway bios,i already have it "hacked" so if you want you can email me and i will send it to you and all you have to do is use winflash and flash your bios

Hi, If you can, please send me a copy. I sent you an email to your yahoo account.

Thanks

joekusaf

Hi everyone, im new to the forums, and in need desperate need of help. I too have the same problem with the C51GU01 Foxxcon Mobo in a gateway machine. It just one day stopped working. I thought at first it was my PSU unit because i had just upgraded my video and added a gig of ram. But after it didnt boot up, i remove the upgrades and and it still didnt do anything. I disconnected everything (hdd, dvd/cd roms, ect) and to my dismay, nothing :banghead: SO, after poking around on some forums, I have come to the conclusion that its the bios. Seems like this mobo has a track record of doing this. So, what is the best way to flash it? I have a copy off gateways site, but never having done this before, advise would greatly be welcomed. :respect: Im sorry for beating a dead horse here, and i hope someone reads this since the last post in this thread was way back in feb., but ANY help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

joekusaf :toast:

joekusaf

Thanks for the quick response! :rockout:

Yes, I did, first i did the jumper, and when that appeared to not to work, i removed the battery for like 15 mins to make sure. Thats when i removed everything to see if it would post and nothing.:shadedshu

Yes, my mobo is the C51GU01 Mobo. Its a gateway GT5028. I've read the thread, and many others too....alot of info out there, but i've never messed with the BIOS before....makes me a bit nervous, but i cant really make it any worse then it already is LOL Ive been looking at a new Mobo and case, but figured what the hell, try it and see what happens.

Thanks, you guys :rockout:!!

Namslas90

Thanks for the quick response! :rockout:

Yes, I did, first i did the jumper, and when that appeared to not to work, i removed the battery for like 15 mins to make sure. Thats when i removed everything to see if it would post and nothing.:shadedshu

Yes, my mobo is the C51GU01 Mobo. Its a gateway GT5028. I've read the thread, and many others too....alot of info out there, but i've never messed with the BIOS before....makes me a bit nervous, but i cant really make it any worse then it already is LOL Ive been looking at a new Mobo and case, but figured what the hell, try it and see what happens.

Thanks, you guys :rockout:!!

Did you make sure you ram voltage is compatale with settings in BIOS?

joekusaf

Unfortunately, no, i didnt not. Probably fried my ram huh? :cry:

Wait, i would like to update what happened, now that Ive had to think about it....what happened was, my video on screen scrambled (this mobo had an onboard vid on the mobo), so i rebooted and i didnt get anything, so i ordered a vid card and some more ram, thinking the vid card would give back my vid, and since i was ordering the card, may as well get some more ram. ;) Thats when i noticed that nothing would work, tried everything as stated before. Sorry for that bit of mis-information before....i feel like such a schmuck....:eek:

McKiester

Processor AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+ 2.20 Ghz
Cooling Antec 3 speed LED rear,Stock front
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) Nvida 8500 GT
Display(s) Gateway 19" wide LCD
Case Stock
Audio Device(s) (Stock) realtec AC97
Power Supply BFG 650 watt
Software Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Good Grief, I Guess i'm part of the C51GU01 Mobo Club. You weren't kidding Namslas90 this mobo was a dud at least the first run of them

Zippy

Processor Intel E6600 conroe@ 3.50ghz
Motherboard Evga 680i Sli
Cooling Tuniq Tower
Memory 4x1b Gskill 4-4-4-12 T1 @815 mhz
Video Card(s) Bfg 8800 gts @ 640/1100
Storage 2x 74gb Raptors + 2x 500gb Barracudas
Case Thermaltake Armor Black
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1
Power Supply Antec 800w quad sli cert
Software Dual boot Xp Pro + Win Vista Ultimate
Hi there,

I have an second comp that I dont really use any more with the same mobo as listed here. You said you have been able to hack the bios. The mobo is a foxconn C51GU01. It is in my gateway. Really all I need to be able to is get access to the advanced page of my bois to change voltages and FSB. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Also if this is a program run from windows. Im on vista if it helps any.