• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 4

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Last edited:

thumper

i installed mine on a power cooler 800xl last night and although i havnt had a good look at the paste (or run any tests due to lack of a pci express mobo atm) the only down side i could see was that the memory chips on the back didnt quite line up properly il take some
pics later but the aliagnment was anythhing but perfect. Il also see if as5 improves over the standard paste as well

C

Cha0s

Wont fit with some mobo's

I have a intel 925xcvl... whatever, but I have noticed that with this cooler in the heatsink on the FSB and ram clips get in the way with my board and many otheres so be sure to look into that b 4 you get it

U

Unregistered

this is a great fan, quite, great cooling, well worth my 35 bucks :)

Barnacle Bill

Will it fit on the All-In-Wonder X800XT???

As long as there are no ram sinks epoxied on the memory chips won't the ATI Silencer 4 Rev.2 fit on the AIW X800XT? According to the Arctic Cooling website the ATI Silencer 1 Rev. 2 is specified for the AIW X800XT but that copper sink only cover the GPU and not the memory chips which kinda sucks. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

Pinksteady

A few people, myself included, are reporting problems with the fan randomly stopping! It will just stop turning, and put the video card in serious danger of over heating. Having probed around in the PC trying to fix this, I have narrowed it down to a bad connection at the fan end of the fan cable. So far do not know how to solve this, but is a serious flaw, have only had the card a few weeks.

Others with the same problem have bought replacements only to have the same problem. I have Silencer 4 rev.2 on Gigabyte X800 Pro.

Other than this, an absolutely excellent piece of kit, card runs at 29-31C at idle, and no more than 40 during Battlefield 2, while overclocked to 450/450! Soon I will take it apart and examine the fan lead connection to see why this is happening.

Anyone else having this problem?