• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATITool 0.26 + X1800XT 512 MB = empty screen with vertical lines

|FAT|Punisher

Hello everybody,

I have read about this problem, but I did not find a solution or explanation.
So in my opinion it's really a bug.

I have a X1800XT 512 MB. Nothing overclocked, nothing modified. ATI Catalyst 6.12. ATI services disabled, CCC disabled, CLI.EXE not running.
Whenever I run ATITool 0.26, I get a blank screen in a random color (often approximately white) with vertical lines from top to bottom, in periodical distances (like | | | | | |.....). Most of the time the log file says something about switching to 3D clocks. I have to reboot, my monitor turns off after a while. Before that, I can hear the fan of the graphics card power up to maximum and become silent again, exactly like it does when booting the PC.

Sooo... I just can't use ATITool this way, and I'd like to. :)
Any ideas?

Best regards,
|FAT|Punisher

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
AtiTool is design to work with CCC....

|FAT|Punisher

If I remember correctly, the first try was with all services enabled and CCC in the tray, as well as CLI.EXE running. No difference.

|FAT|Punisher

I know this Problem too, but in my case it only appears when I change the settings in the X1000 Overclocking 2D/3D menue of the ATITool 0.26.
I have never seen that menu, because I have to reboot before I can even see ATITool. ;)
Where does ATITool save its settings? Perhaps there are settings from an older ATITool left?

Justin_Garrett

I've had this problem with my X1800xt. Horizontal lines always came up when I went onto a site with Windows Media Player on it, and I had to reset. The way I fixed the problem was by loading another profile when I wasn't gaming.

|FAT|Punisher

I've had this problem with my X1800xt. Horizontal lines always came up when I went onto a site with Windows Media Player on it, and I had to reset.
Sorry, but you do NOT have this problem!
I can't even start ATITool!
I can't change the configuration of ATITool, I can't do anything at all with it, because I get the lines before I even see the ATITool windows.

Calidane

Processor Opteron 170@2.5Ghz
Motherboard DFI RDX200 CF-DR
Cooling Water
Memory 2GB 500MHz Mushkin
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1800 XT
Storage WD Raptor x2 RAID 0
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply Enermax 620 Watt
Software XP Pro SP2
I've had the same problem for some time now. ATI Tool insalls just fine but when I start it up I get vertical lines of varying colors on my screen and have to reboot.

Maddy72

Hello, have the 0,26 version of the ATITool drauf and an X 1900 XTX. from time to time remains everything at one time hanging and I knows that it lies not exactly until this morning. Have the Tool in the autostart and the CCU temperature in task. Temp in the no-load operation with over 90 degrees and rising the exhaust were out. Is that an error in the ATITool or from ATI??? Greeting Maddy

coksakinol

Last edited:

coksakinol

Exley

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.7GHz
Motherboard EVGA nForce 680i
Memory OCZ 2GB @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) GeForce 8800GTS 512
Storage SATA 400GB
Case Aspire X-Dreamer II
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 500W
I have a X1800XT 512 MB. Nothing overclocked, nothing modified. ATI Catalyst 6.12. ATI services disabled, CCC disabled, CLI.EXE not running.
Whenever I run ATITool 0.26, I get a blank screen in a random color (often approximately white) with vertical lines from top to bottom, in periodical distances (like | | | | | |.....). Most of the time the log file says something about switching to 3D clocks. I have to reboot, my monitor turns off after a while. Before that, I can hear the fan of the graphics card power up to maximum and become silent again, exactly like it does when booting the PC.

i have the exact same problem only it didnt start happening untill i upgraded to vista. i am trying the older version that was recomened now