• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mobility X700 bios-Pleas help

Swago

Alright, to start off I did not do the following:
Modify my bios
Tweak my bios
Touch my bios in anyways

I did do the following:
Installed linux and attempted to install drivers for my card in order to use opengl....

Now that that is over with I can tell you my problem and maybe someone would be gracious enough to help me out of this hole i seem to have dug myself into...

I installed openSUSE the other day and omg I fell in love. Everything was fine except I had used the default drivers and as such they did not support opengl or atleast not hardware driven opengl.. at anyrate things, i thought, were going fine.

Now i think I should mention that since this is a mobility card I'm currently on a laptop.

I have this niffty(annouying) little feature built into my mobo's bios that turns off the lcd screen every time I plug in an external monitor. Something I didn't realise I could disable untill after the stuff hit the fan...

After rebooting with the new drivers I discovered that my lcd screen wasn't turning on, only the desktop monitor was working. I have had this before in that if i merely restarted or shutdown the lappy and then started it up without the monitor connected all was good. Well now that is no longer the case.

Basically my lcd screen is perminetely off... I mean you shut down the lappy, unplug everything, hell even pull out the battery, and turn it on and ya.. nothing... no lcd output...

Something in the bios is refusing to turn on my screen.
My external monitor works(actually typing on it right now, in windows :shadedshu )

My laptop is an Toshiba M70, I found some bios updates for my motherboard and applied them hoping it would reset something.... this did not work....
Since the motherboard bios doesn't seemto be the problem that mostly leaves the video card bios... and what better place to come for help then a bios modding forum :)

I was able to find some bios's online but none are specifcaly for my toshiba, atleast i don't think they are, what do you think?

http://www.thegamebooks.com/bios-download:-ati-x700-mobility-(-128mb---256mb-)-t23.html

The only problem i have with just throwing some random bios in and seeing if it works is that I really can't attach another card on if something goes wrong. Also the card has 128 MB or ram but the spec say 256, which means it borrows another 128 from ram, Im fairly sure this is a probably bios code that allows this so I'm not really feeling like rushing blindly into this.

What do you guys think?

Any questions specwise please ask.