• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR PC4000

//mAr

Processor AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling watercooling
Memory 2x1024mb Mushkin Redlines XP4000
Video Card(s) PoV 7900GT
Storage 2x74GB Raptor; 2x160GB 7k250 Hitachi
Display(s) Viewsonic VX912
Case LianLi PC70
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Power Supply OCZ520W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
Unlike all other memory manufacturers who merely buy DDR-chips and solder them on PCBs of other manufacturers, Crucial builds their own memory chips and PCB. On the Tracer PC4000 you will also find unique leds for a good look. Although Crucial/Micron is not very known for overlocking RAM we will do an xtreme overclocking test with high voltages and try to determine if they are a good alternative to sticks with Samsung TCCDs or low latency modules like Winbond UTT BH-5/CH-5.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Something I'd like to know, and I know others have asked-- does increasing the voltage above 3v risk blowing the LED's? Whats the tolerance on these?

Hmm, good question, but how shuld i answer this? I can make an 24h burn-in with 3,9V and then we will see, which component gives up at first.. the ICs or the LEDs?! :p

Edit: Wrote a email to crucial, let's see if they answer. ;)

Last edited:

MatzTeCow

@//mAr Ich bins wieder...der Schwabe... ^^

Another awesome review. :)
You wrote the sticks are getting quite hot. Is it necessary to cool them actively @3.1V? 2.9V should be fine no matter what but I'm getting my Gig of these babies tomorrow so I would like to now if i can give them hell on my Abit AN8 Ultra right away... ^^
Well there are 3 Revoltec 80mm Fans lying around here so cooling actively should be no problem either... ;)