• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blu-ray Claims 72.6% Market Share in USA

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
my pc looks better than the ps3 and xbox 360 and it has an hd and blueray :)

tdamocles

Quoting High-Def Disc news : "As we've previously reported, Bay caused a firestorm back in September when he briefly posted a message to his site saying that he was reconsidering doing a 'Transformers' sequel after learning that Paramount would not be issuing a Blu-ray edition of his mega-hit film. The director later recanted those remarks, but has since reiterated his pro-Blu-ray stance." Article here

Is this Bay character at war with his inner self? He should just shut up and make movies....

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Quoting High-Def Disc news : "As we've previously reported, Bay caused a firestorm back in September when he briefly posted a message to his site saying that he was reconsidering doing a 'Transformers' sequel after learning that Paramount would not be issuing a Blu-ray edition of his mega-hit film. The director later recanted those remarks, but has since reiterated his pro-Blu-ray stance." Article here

Is this Bay character at war with his inner self? He should just shut up and make movies....

That was an effect of the message I posted. Why would he be at war with his inner self?...

tdamocles

That was an effect of the message I posted. Why would he be at war with his inner self?...

Did you see the quote and article? How many more times will he flip-flop before he makes a final decision on his stance? Maybe he should have a beer and pizza party with some HD DVD owners and his stance will swing towards HD DVD!...again! Then the next day he can have figs and milk with Blu-ray owners and his stance will swing that way....get my drift? Sickening..!!...

I'm done with this mindless banter.....out....

Last edited:
System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Did you see the quote and article? How many more times will he flip-flop before he makes a final decision on his stance? Maybe he should have a beer and pizza party with some HD DVD owners and his stance will swing towards HD DVD!...again! Then the next day he can have figs and milk with Blu-ray owners and his stance will swing that way....get my drift? Sickening..!!...

I'm done with this mindless banter.....out....

No, you're missing the point. The point is he switched between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD and back to Blu-Ray because of Microsoft (and probably more companies that he has no idea about). The studio is getting paid out the ass by Microsoft and this is causing Michael Bay's movies to get tossed around from format to format like a rag doll. Microsoft, nor Apple, want Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to succeed. These Corporate giants want everyone to move into a digital media world, and Apple is showing this the most. Like Michael Bay said, time will tell.

tdamocles

No, you're missing the point. The point is he switched between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD and back to Blu-Ray because of Microsoft (and probably more companies that he has no idea about). The studio is getting paid out the ass by Microsoft and this is causing Michael Bay's movies to get tossed around from format to format like a rag doll. Microsoft, nor Apple, want Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to succeed. These Corporate giants want everyone to move into a digital media world, and Apple is showing this the most. Like Michael Bay said, time will tell.

Not missing the point.....Do you you realize how absurd this sounds? "The director(Bay) pointed the blame squarely at Microsoft, saying that the software giant has bankrolled HD DVD in an effort to extend the high-def format war until the software giant can perfect digital downloads." This statement seems to be pure speculation on his part without evidence. Is he paranoid that his wallet won't get any fatter if he didn't pick the winning format? Sounds like a conspiracy theorist at work........................

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Not missing the point.....Do you you realize how absurd this sounds? "The director(Bay) pointed the blame squarely at Microsoft, saying that the software giant has bankrolled HD DVD in an effort to extend the high-def format war until the software giant can perfect digital downloads." This statement seems to be pure speculation on his part without evidence. Is he paranoid that his wallet won't get any fatter if he didn't pick the winning format? Sounds like a conspiracy theorist at work........................

Yeah, Microsoft is going to just sit back and just let iTunes take control over the music industry and the TV/Movie industry (digital wise). *Cough* He's not scared, he's trying to explain what's going on in the format war. What are you talking about speculation? He was asked, why Transformers wasn't originally put on Blu-ray? After asked this, he responded with the message I linked. Exactly like he said, time will tell and I have no reason to convince you.