• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

threedd97

I just flashed my X800Pro Vivo to 16P. I'm trying to overclock it now. What is a safe temperature to sit at with a video card on load? What is pushing it? And what is too much?

sersalpha

Just use ATITool's Find Max Core and Find Max Mem - when things get too hot, artifacts will start to show up. ATITool will detect these artifacts and adjust your clock speeds to optimal stable speeds. ATITool does all of the dirty work - it's as automated as overclocking can get. That said, I'd consider anything above 70C too hot.

T

threedd97

Is there any temperature that is overboard? My brother read somewhere that ATI claimed 100C crossing the line into dangerous temps. Currently the flashed X800 Pro is overclocked to 520/500 and we ran Doom3 on ultra settings. When we came out ATITool brought the clock speeds to default. I'm assuming it overheated and dropped the clock speeds.

We were reading about flashed x800 Pro's overclocked to about 525/560 and the were getting temps under 70. We're hitting 80's and climbing. How, we are both running stock cooling. Ambient temp is about 71F. Case is a coolermaste cavalier with a huge 120mm exhaust fan, an 80mm intake fan on the side blowing onto teh video card and two 80mm intake fans in the front. Please enlighten me as to what is going on.

veryhumid

actually that is just ati tool's job. when you leave 3D mode, it reverts the card back to stock clocks.

T

threedd97

Thanks. Any answers on the other situations my brother and I are in?

Slayerstaps

The temps are normal up to 70-75-80 load those cards jsut get damn hot and the critical temp is 127C for those cards..(but then the core melts and you don want that :D )
So around 75 till max 80 is just fine...

T

threedd97

In another post, I realized the fan was only spinning at 43% of it's max RPM's. I don't know if it was staying like that or even doing 100% once the card hit past 70C, but I made run at 50% under 55C and 100% anytime after 55C. I'll see if that helps it at all.

gerg

Based on this thread can anybody tell me again that 75-80 C max load temperature is OK. I am using ATI TOOL and under load reach a stable maximum of just under 80 C with my current overclock. I am running an ATI X850 Pro flashed to X850 XT (16 pipes) and then overclocked to the speed of 520/560 (core/mem).

I have not done the overnight load run, but it seems to pretty stable, just wondering if I am going to see significant reduction in the life of the card. I would be happy if it last at least 3 years, because by then it will be ancient.

So any expert and experienced advise would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

V

Vrgn86

Hello, I have the same card running@520/540, I have the atitool set
to run the fan at 75% 0-65, 65+ is set to 100. Idle temps are 40-43
load temps 70-74max ambient temp 39-43. All temps are C.
I have no probs thus far, for about a month. try using AtiTool to adjust fan control
to keep it as low as you can durning load that is how I came up with my settings.
The lower the temp the longer it will last. Hope this helps.:)

Slayerstaps

Plz people don bring back very very very old threads thank you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.