• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x850pro AGP 16p bios, no overclock.

Tinux

What i do with that iso ? it will make the X850 PRO with 16PP ? I doesn't want a XT or XTPE Bios now because i prefer change frequency manually with Ati Tool, it's less dangerous.

Tinux said:
What i do with that iso ? it will make the X850 PRO with 16PP ? I doesn't want a XT or XTPE Bios now because i prefer change frequency manually with Ati Tool, it's less dangerous.

Read the pdf file ;) .

Tinux

lol sry i don't see it ;) i will test tomorrow because i will receive an ati silencer 5.. and also verify the pcb part number !

'ill post if it's work fine !

Tinux

oh rabit whow that my pcb part number is R481 BIOS 113-A47503-103 (BR#13483).. it's not a problem?

Unknown8063

I've been skimming the 21 pages about overclocking the x850 Pro and I'm interested in giving this a try. I've never done anything like this though.

First of all, my card is an AGP 256MB ATI X850 Pro WITHOUT Vivo. I'm pretty sure I do not have Vivo - I still have the box and it doesn't say anything. Does this mean I can't get the 16 pipes?

In case I'm wrong and this will work, here is my info and BIOS from ATI TOOL

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFFF9F
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x861
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0x2724

myweb.pacificu.edu/rose5917/unknown8063bios.zip

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Unknown8063 said:
I've been skimming the 21 pages about overclocking the x850 Pro and I'm interested in giving this a try. I've never done anything like this though.

First of all, my card is an AGP 256MB ATI X850 Pro WITHOUT Vivo. I'm pretty sure I do not have Vivo - I still have the box and it doesn't say anything. Does this mean I can't get the 16 pipes?

In case I'm wrong and this will work, here is my info and BIOS from ATI TOOL

CONFIG_DIE_FUSES 0xFFFFFFFF
CONFIG_SUBSTRATE_FUSES 0xFFFFFF9F
CONFIG_ROM_FUSES 0x861
GB_PIPE_SELECT 0x2724

myweb.pacificu.edu/rose5917/unknown8063bios.zip

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Your card is unlockable and should have VIVO. Look on the back side for big black chip (ATI Rage Theatre). You can flash it using my Automated Utility from here: http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=738578
If you have single slot cooler (like on X800) probably the flashing of X850XT (PE) BIOS will result in stop of the fan (don't worry the problem is in the fan itself and way of managing from the BIOS). In such case use 16 pipe PRO BIOS. For X850PRO with dual cooler you can use every BIOS in the utility.

Unknown8063

Thank you dolf. I opened up my system and I do see the yellow CD-audio connector signifying I do have vivo. I guess I was just expecting the box to say something.

I'm just about ready to go to work so I wont have time to try this out until later this evening. Thank you for your help, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Matt

Unknown8063

Awesome. Thanks man. Your bios utility worked like a charm. ATI Tool now says I have 16 active pipelines.

Thanks a ton!

Tinux

Dolf Thanks a lot ! Your soft works like a "charm" lol, im so so happy... i restart my computer, reinstall catalyst, reboot and then, ati tool say i have 16 actives pipelines.... wouah..
Thanks a lot, and with my ATI Silencer 5, My X850 PRO may be as powerfull as a X1800... :)p)

I will test at these clocks (500/500) 3dMark05 to see just the difference with 16pipes and after one week, 'ill start overclock the frequency..

THANKS YOU FROM FRANCE :)

Zeitgeist

Ladies and Gentlemen,

after finding this thread I would like to unlock my extra four pipelines of my X850Pro like so many of you did as well. Since I am not into fiddling with a HEX-Editor I would like to ask kindly, if anyone would like to mod my BIOS without overclocking the speeds.

A bootdisc with several options like the one created from dolf would be highly appreciated. Great stuff dolf!

ATiTool reads the following values:

Code:
Config_Die_Fuses 0xFFFFFFFF
Config_Substrate_Fuses 0xFFFFFF9F
Config_ROM_Fuses 0x861
GB_Pipe_Select 0x2724

And this is the BIOS of my X850Pro:

http://www.savefile.com/files/5005658

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Zeitgeist

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

Thanks a lot dolf!

I just did the flash and according to ATiTool, the remaining 4 pipelines were indeed activated.

As I don't intend to overclock yet, I am afraid that I am out for this mission. :)

Again, thanks a lot, this was really appreciated.

Best Regards

Zeitgeist

It's me again, I couldn't let my card running as a simple 16p Pro :laugh: , so I decided to give the modded XT Bios (not PE) a chance and now I am running into a problem with the fan speeds.

Unfortunately the flashed XT Bios runs with the following fan speeds:

while the 12p and 16p Pro Bios gave about the following values:

So, because of the slow running fan with the XT Bios the card heats up to over 85°C under load while it is able to stay at roundabout 70°C with the manually applied Pro fan speeds (but with XT clocks).

Is there any chance to increase the fan speeds permanently in the XT Bios without using a third party tool like ATITool?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Edit: Oh, to be more precisely, I am running a dual slot Connect3D X850Pro ViVo here... :)

Last edited:
Zeitgeist said:
It's me again, I couldn't let my card running as a simple 16p Pro :laugh: , so I decided to give the modded XT Bios (not PE) a chance and now I am running into a problem with the fan speeds.

Unfortunately the flashed XT Bios runs with the following fan speeds:

while the 12p and 16p Pro Bios gave about the following values:

So, because of the slow running fan with the XT Bios the card heats up to over 85°C under load while it is able to stay at roundabout 70°C with the manually applied Pro fan speeds (but with XT clocks).

Is there any chance to increase the fan speeds permanently in the XT Bios without using a third party tool like ATITool?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Edit: Oh, to be more precisely, I am running a dual slot Connect3D X850Pro ViVo here... :)

Yes there is a way and I did it for you ;) .

Attachments

• X850XT.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 325

Zeitgeist

Thank you very much, this Bios is working great so far with the correct fan speeds. I still need to perform a stress-test though, but I do not expect to run in any further problems.

Once again, thank you very much. You don't have a paypal account do you? If you have one, let me know where I can donate a few bucks. :)

Best Regards

Zeitgeist said:
Thank you very much, this Bios is working great so far with the correct fan speeds. I still need to perform a stress-test though, but I do not expect to run in any further problems.

Once again, thank you very much. You don't have a paypal account do you? If you have one, let me know where I can donate a few bucks. :)

Best Regards

Thanks for the readiness to donate few bucks but I don't have paypal account and don't want to have. I am doing everything for the idea and to help where it is possible :) .

bb27100

Hey dolf,

Yesterday i bought a Connect3D Radeon x850 pro AGP VIVO with 1.6 ns Samsung, and i`d like to unlock all 16 pipes.
To get the BIOS from the video card, i have pressed " dump BIOS " in ATItool and renamed it, hope that`s OK.

Could you please unlock all 16 pipes on that bios for me?

Attachments

• bios Connect3D x850pro 12P.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 275
Hey ShadoW Fire. This is what happened. I flashed my Sapphire X800Pro with the Gigabyte XT PE Bios.My card could handle the speeds with no problem.The flash went fine,then in certain games like Doom 3 i got heavy artifacts.But it never froze.I decided 2 flash back and i did but when i restarted my PC never booted.So now its not working. I tryed the PCI screen card way 2 flash my AGP slot but i couldnt get it working even tho the boot was set on PCI first desplayed. So now im really lost.I dont no what 2 do.IF anyone can help i will be very greatfull. Thanks....

First I need to know what card do you have AGP or PCI-E? (It should be AGP). Second attach here the last BIOS that you flashed (but not other one).

Hey dolf,

Yesterday i bought a Connect3D Radeon x850 pro AGP VIVO with 1.6 ns Samsung, and i`d like to unlock all 16 pipes.
To get the BIOS from the video card, i have pressed " dump BIOS " in ATItool and renamed it, hope that`s OK.

Could you please unlock all 16 pipes on that bios for me?

I didn't see your fuse values but OK download the Flash Utility from here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/738578 and follow the instructions. Hope that you have the right fuse values otherwise no 16 pipes ;) .

bb27100

dolf, ATiTool reads the following values:

Config_ROM_Fuses 0x861
GB_Pipe_Select 0x2724

It seems to be good for unlock the 4 pipes

Thx

dolf, ATiTool reads the following values:

Config_ROM_Fuses 0x861
GB_Pipe_Select 0x2724

It seems to be good for unlock the 4 pipes

Thx

Yes it will unlock :D .

TXcharger

Processor Intel Prescott 3.0ghz with HT o/c to 3.5ghz
Motherboard Biostar P4M80-M4 (agp)
Cooling AIR!! with Arctic Silver 5 on processor and vga
Memory 2gb(1gb x 2) OCZ high performance PC3200 3-3-3-8
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800gto r430 445/545(1100 effective) w/ Zalman FATALITY fan and Omega Drivers 3.8.360
Storage Maxtor 80gb 7200rpm
Display(s) 19in dell flatscreen LCD
Case Dell Dimension 3000
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply stock 350 watt
Software Windows XP sp2
will this work on a r430 Sapphire(blue card) X800gto agp?

will this work on a r430 Sapphire(blue card) X800gto agp?

That should work for you: http://www.savefile.com/projects/733218 ;) . Doesn't worry because the utility is named for R480. That card originally should come with R430 but the producer has R480 cores and they installed them. The first two BIOSes are with device ID 5D4F (for the R430 it should be 55xx) but after the flash check it and report. (It have to be changed automatically).

Last edited: