• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L + Corsair DDR2-800 RAM

Adrenaline

Hey I just came upon this great forum.

A few months back, while I was building my computer, a few things came up.

I chose my parts, bought them and hoped to get my first rig going. Stuck it all in, Corsair DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) 5-5-5-18 RAM in the slots of the GIGABYTE-P35-DS3L board.

When I booted, it started up fine, heard the little beep. However, the keyboard is not recognized. I tried PS2, USB, nothing worked. I had a Razer Copperhead, and I could tell the mouse was working because the lights were on. The Keyboard accepted no commands, even though the F-LOCK light was on. Every once in a while, I could POST by holding down "Delete", but did not get past the POST screen.

This became a real nuisance, and without and leads, I randomly stuck a pair of Kingston 667 RAM in. Upon doing this, it worked perfectly! I used this opportunity to turn up the Voltage (default was 1.8, Corsair uses 1.9), played around with the clocks to 800 to match the corsair. Nothing worked.

From this, I just gave up and stuck with the Kingston. I returned the Corsair RAM, asked Gigabyte and the RAM guy at Corsair without too much luck.

This is passed already, I'm just wondering if anyone else encountered this problem, or can suggest some solutions, as I am considering buying some new RAM or upgrading to 4GB on Vista soon.

Thanks!

System Name Brutus
Processor AMD Ryzen 5600X PBO
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling EKWB AIO 240MM Push-Pull fans
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 4000 32GB (4x8) @4066 CL16, Custom Timings
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 1080Ti FE OC
Storage Kingston A2000 500GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung 24" S24D300 + 2x LG LED 24"
Case Cooler Master H500
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional
Power Supply Sama Forza Modular 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Cooler Master Master Keys Lite
Keyboard Cooler Master Master Keys Lite
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I have a Gigabyte board with Kingston RAM (check my system specs, and BTW, fill in yours too!) and I never heard of such a problem. Yes, it wouldn't recognize the keyboard and the mouse on the first couple off boot-ups and restarts, but I was able t go in windows...everything works flawlessly now. I think I'm gonna stick with Kingston's in future as well, if they prove to be good.

BTW, welcome on the forum... :)

Adrenaline

I have a Gigabyte board with Kingston RAM (check my system specs, and BTW, fill in yours too!) and I never heard of such a problem. Yes, it wouldn't recognize the keyboard and the mouse on the first couple off boot-ups and restarts, but I was able t go in windows...everything works flawlessly now. I think I'm gonna stick with Kingston's in future as well, if they prove to be good.

BTW, welcome on the forum... :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
It's solely out of curiousity, since the RAM I had was indeed listed on the compatible table.