• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to recover after BOSD while update 4850 bios in vista64

jackyminh

Hi all, i used RBE1.18 to mod the GPU core from 625 to 650MHz, and incrase the fan speed and used ATIWINFLASH 2.12 to flash the bios just got from RBE. But after few second of flashing , i got BOSD and after restart , my computer didnot boot and the monitor said no signal.
So can you urgently help to give me the instruction to recover the original bios? . I already had the bios: Diamond HD4850 from techpowerup database.Thanks

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
You will probably need a PCI grafics card to flash the original bios to your PCI-E grafics card..
Also you need a bootdisk with atiflash on it as well as the original bios..
When you have installed the PCI grafics card you and have connected the monitor cable to it you need to boot the boot disk and then try atiflash

atiflash -i .....to locate card

atiflash -f -p 0 bios file

0 is the number of the card
0 is primary
1 is secondary

jackyminh

You will probably need a PCI grafics card to flash the original bios to your PCI-E grafics card..
Humm,find a PCI VGA card at this time is like an impossible mission. Can i use an onboard VGA card or another PCI-E Nvidia card to reflash the origin bios of my 4850
Thank you

Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Mouse Logitech G700
Humm,find a PCI VGA card at this time is like an impossible mission. Can i use an onboard VGA card or another PCI-E Nvidia card to reflash the origin bios of my 4850
Thank you

Yes you can use your onboard VGA but another PCI-E only if you have a second PCI-E slot

jackyminh

Yes you can use your onboard VGA but another PCI-E only if you have a second PCI-E slot
Of course , i had. I use a Biostar X58 mainboard. That have 03 PCI-E slot. so i will borrow my friend Nvidia card and put it on slot 1(default) and put my card 4850 into the slot2 so on the DOS atiflash comand is 1 secondary card ? that right. Pls help to confirm for me because i dont want to ruin my friend stuff. thank you
example:

atiflash -f -p 1 bios file

0 is primary
1 is secondary

Mouse Logitech G700
Of course , i had. I use a Biostar X58 mainboard. That have 03 PCI-E slot. so i will borrow my friend Nvidia card and put it on slot 1(default) and put my card 4850 into the slot2 so on the DOS atiflash comand is 1 secondary card ? that right. Pls help to confirm for me because i dont want to ruin my friend stuff. thank you
example:

atiflash -f -p 1 bios file

0 is primary
1 is secondary

Yes do that

jackyminh

Yes do that

Thank Laurijan, i 've just recover from a failed BIOS flashing, i use an nvidia card in another PCI-E slot and must copy the good BiOS into one folder with the ATIFLASH folder otherwise it cannot detect and flash.
i got alot of experience from this action and wiull be caerful next time.
Thank you again and have a nice day