• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water Cooling Guide

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
As I become more bold in building my home brew computers, I would like to think the next step is build a water cooling based system. My first computer build was a sexy AMD64 3400, mmm 1 mb on die, and an integrated memory controller...Had a nice Thermaltake Venus 12 to go with it...good christ that was loud.

Second build led me to quieter more effeciant forms of cooling, specifically my current CPU cooler, a Zalman 9700 with an E8400. However again this CPU isn't perfect but it more than handles most games. And neither is the HD 4870x2 in the build. But it definitely was a step up in performance however the X2 can be loud when running games that are more intense. My next step will be to build a new rig, probobly an i7 based, with a GTX 295. My GF's going to get the E8400 and the X2, aren't I nice? :)

I was wondering if there is any good websites or guides that go through the ins and outs of setting up a system like this?

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Nice step up builds there man, sounds like the GF will have a killer setup.

Please come on over to the Naturally Aspiring Watercooling Clubhouse and make yourself at home:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52032

Excellent beginner's guide and where I got the advice I needed for my first loop. Check it out, youtube link in my sig!

Processor Core i7 4710K
Motherboard Gigabyte
Cooling Water
Memory Gelid 16GB
Video Card(s) HD5870, stock at the moment
Storage Kingston HyperX 256GB
Case Cosmos S
Power Supply BeQuiet Dark Power 750
Software Win7 x64
After you've read that, you can also go to XtremeSystems forums and you can also read a bit in the Liquid Cooling section. Here's a link to a sticky with various information, guides and reviews:

LC Sticky

You can never read too much :)

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
As I become more bold in building my home brew computers, I would like to think the next step is build a water cooling based system. My first computer build was a sexy AMD64 3400, mmm 1 mb on die, and an integrated memory controller...Had a nice Thermaltake Venus 12 to go with it...good christ that was loud.

Second build led me to quieter more effeciant forms of cooling, specifically my current CPU cooler, a Zalman 9700 with an E8400. However again this CPU isn't perfect but it more than handles most games. And neither is the HD 4870x2 in the build. But it definitely was a step up in performance however the X2 can be loud when running games that are more intense. My next step will be to build a new rig, probobly an i7 based, with a GTX 295. My GF's going to get the E8400 and the X2, aren't I nice? :)

I was wondering if there is any good websites or guides that go through the ins and outs of setting up a system like this?

Nice step up builds there man, sounds like the GF will have a killer setup.

Please come on over to the Naturally Aspiring Watercooling Clubhouse and make yourself at home:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52032

Excellent beginner's guide and where I got the advice I needed for my first loop. Check it out, youtube link in my sig!

After you've read that, you can also go to XtremeSystems forums and you can also read a bit in the Liquid Cooling section. Here's a link to a sticky with various information, guides and reviews:

LC Sticky

You can never read too much :)

Your question is a good one, but keep on looking even if you get an answer that suits you. Water cooling has partially things you can learn from others like us on the forums and from guides, and then a huge bit that comes with experience.

To help you the best I'm requesting that you start with a simple loop that cools one component. See just how much it takes to make something like your CPU cool and quiet. You can always expand, but if you go too far with a build you're left with a lot of spare parts/a huge headache. BTW the guys above give great insight.