• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ECS 945P-A is ICS 954127BF

jacky89

Hi all. I finally opened up my case and found out that the ECS 945P-A board uses the ICS 954127. This program is working incredibly well so far. I was able to get my fsb speed to 250mhz and even higher on my pentium D 820. With the cheap ecs board bios, I was only able to go up to 237mhz bus because the stupid board will not detect my sata harddrives above that bus speed. With systool, I can bump the bus speed above this constraint and still use my sata harddrives. It's incredible!

I have a suggestion though. It would be cool if systool and atitool is integrated such that when a 3D application is detected, a profile for both the fsb clock and vga clocks can be loaded. It will also be nice to set systool to load certain profiles when it detects certain programs are loaded. That way we can optimize electric efficiency and save on our electric bills and also allow our hardware to last longer. Fan speed adjustment like speedfan will be great too.

Tony Jay

Hi jacky89,

I have the same MB 945P-A ver 1.1 ,latest bios with the Intel D 920. I can't seem to get past FSB 223 on "Start Find Max" on Systool's Cpu Overclocking. I have that OCZ DDR2 PC 5400 value ram that shows up as PC5300 (333mhz) and I don't know if that is the problem at this point.

What are your memory settings, and how do you use Systools to bump up bus speed?

tony j.

jacky89

I have pc4000 corsair memory. I'm running at 246 stable without voltage adjusments. However even if I up the voltage, I can't go higher. The reason is most likely the power supply. I have a 550watt Thermal Take ps but it uses the old connectors so that should be the limiting factor.

settings at 4 4 4 12. They are at the slowest settings. I just left it to auto managed ram timing in the bios.

What is the temp of your cpu? Dl speedfan. If your heatsink is not seating properly (which is very common) that can be a reason. Also check ur ps.

What is the problem u get when o/c? Freeze? auto-reboot? auto-shut off?

Tony Jay

From Hardware monitor in bios setup:
CPU temp is 32 C
CPU Fan Speed is 3125 rpm
CPU vcore is 1.275v
PS is 450 watt antec

At first, setting the FSB to 230 auto-reboot the computer. When I used Systools to find Max FSB, it frooze the comp at 223.97 FSB

I reseated the cpu fan and still the same problem.

If I check the PS, what should I be looking for? I think your suggesting the PS maybe underpowering the MB, is that correct?

What is DI Speedfan?

tony j.

jacky89

dl = download. I meant download speedfan to monitor your temps. But that is not necessary anymore.

To determine what it is, do this.
DL memtest or RightMark RAMTester Utility and test your ram at 220mhz and see if there are problems with your ram. If not, then the problem most likely lies somewhere else.

Then test the cpu by running TWO instances of prime95 and select Small FFT test which stresses your cpu. If no error, then most likely you have some sort of power problems.

First of all, make sure u plug all the power cables correctly to the mb. It is possible that u left out a plug and your comp still boots. Make sure you plug in power to the video card if it has a connector and plug the power to the pci-e slot on the mb if u using pcie.

Is your power supply using the new (I remember it is 24) pin power connector or the older connectors with 4 pins less? For o/c purpose using the old connector on new boards will limit your o/c. I'm using the old one and I feel this is capping my o/c potentials. Antec 450w is kinda weak for o/c an intel dual core. Intel chips are power hunger monsters which draw around 300watt or possibly more when o/c. Now if you have a top of the line video card like the ATI x1800 which draws another 250watts at full load, then you have no hope of o/c (Nvidias uses less power). You also have harddrives, fans, drives, etc.. draining from your ps.

When u buy a ps, make sure u buy one with a very high efficiency rating; At least 70% efficiency. Even though a ps is rated at 550w, it most likely can provide only 450w of constant power.

List all your other specs, like video card, hds, etc...

Tony Jay

Hi Jacky89,

Here is what I got so far.

I ran Prime95 for several hours with no errors.

I ran Memtest for a couple of hours and found 2 errors at 687% coverage. Retested again and found 1 error at 1076% coverage
Had memory set at 667MHZ on Bios.
FSB 223
VDIMM 1.9v

Memtest at 220 FSB found 1 error at 1243% coverage after a couple of hours.

Here is a list of my system components.

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 PCI

PCi ATA Controller
2 HDs attached
1 HD SATA

PCi Soundblaster Live SoundCard

OCZ PC 5400 DDR2 value ram

3 System fans

Gigabyte 3D Rocket SE Heatsink

Whitebox DVD burner

PS Antec 450 Powersupply 20pin ATX v1.x (not 24pin)

I'm running Memtest86 off a floppy (independent of windows) overnight to see what that gets me.

Tony Jay

Memtest86 ran 24 hours no errors
Prime95 ran for 12 hours no errors
Memtest had several errors in the first hour

Where memtest86 working independently of Windows XP, Memtest worked in Windows XP.
Maybe one application taxes(speaking of which...) memory more than the other, possibly drawing more power.

A 450 watt ATX v1.x powersupply could be the problem. If I disconnect some fans and HDs I might have enough to make memory stable at the higher FSB.

Tony Jay

When I enter setup in the BIOS to monitor the hardware I got the following:

CPU Temp: 29 c
System Temp: 29 c
CPU Vcore: 1.3v
+12v: 12.31v
+5V: 5.000v

In Speedfan I get the following:
Vcore: 1.30v
+12V: +5.59v
3.3V: 3.3v
Vcc: 5.01v
5Vsb: 5.04v

Temp1: 23c
Temp2: 22c
Temp3: 114c

I don't know what Temp3 is all about so I'm not to worried about that but the +12V @ 5.59 is troubling.

IluvIntel

Processor Conroe L626 E6600 @ 3600Mhz
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 & Antec 3 speed 12cm fan
Memory 2 x 1Gb OCZ Platinum PC-8000
Video Card(s) BFG 8800GTX O/C edition @ stock
Storage 3 x Seagate 750Gb SataII in Raid-0
Display(s) Philips Brilliance 202p4 22" CRT
Case CM Stacker Original
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Power Supply Thermaltake 750W toughpower PSU
Software x86 Vista Ultimate
I am wondering if this systool will work with my backup system which has at the moment, Gigabyte GA-81945PL-G mobo ?

I gave this systool a go also on my Gigabyte GA-G1975X mobo and it does not detect it.

Just reporting this so a future version of this software can support it. :)

Last edited:

awdark

Hi, I know this post is like a month old... but can you guys list what type of configurations you are using? I can't even get past 150mhz... anything above that and the computer won't even POST..

BIOS, ram, bios settings, whatever else might make your number 200 would be very nice.

IluvIntel

Processor Conroe L626 E6600 @ 3600Mhz
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 & Antec 3 speed 12cm fan
Memory 2 x 1Gb OCZ Platinum PC-8000
Video Card(s) BFG 8800GTX O/C edition @ stock
Storage 3 x Seagate 750Gb SataII in Raid-0
Display(s) Philips Brilliance 202p4 22" CRT
Case CM Stacker Original
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Power Supply Thermaltake 750W toughpower PSU
Software x86 Vista Ultimate
My Gigabyte GA-81945PL-G motherboard can now boot up at 267mhz FSB, however the PCI express frequency must be on 120 or it just won't boot at that FSB frequency. I can run 1:1 or 3:4 ratios, anything else and no boot. Its a mainstream mobo and not aimed at performance market, for A$150 I'm not complaining. Also, you can't adjust the timings on the ram. I have Corsair 5400UL's on it now cause' don't have anything else at the moment and it will boot with timings of 4-4-4-9. :)
I have to use Gigabyte's motherboard utilility monitoring software to raise the FSB up higher upon booting at 267mhz FSB. Can go to 290mhz FSB, anymore and no matter what I try it just won't go further. ;)
SysTool would be very nice to use on this board, if I could tighten the ram timings it could be a nice performer for a 945 Intel chipset motherboard.

Caubecari

my ECS can overclock to 340 = 3.36ghz but which software can raise to 355 but I don't know how to save so everytime I turn on computer it will detect as 3.5ghz. So this software can't save? or only startup with it?

adamwinn

This is a common problem. Go into the bios and in the area where you set your FSB there is an option labeled "PCIe Clock Synchronize". Change it from disabled to enabled.

It doesn't seem to effect everyone, so I don't know if its limited to a particular revision of the bios, or otherwise. Anyway, toggle that option and you'll be good to go above 150

awdark said:
Hi, I know this post is like a month old... but can you guys list what type of configurations you are using? I can't even get past 150mhz... anything above that and the computer won't even POST..

BIOS, ram, bios settings, whatever else might make your number 200 would be very nice.

speedrazer

Just got ECS 945P-A (v1.1)

Fry's Electronics is selling this mobo with a Pentium D 805 for $129 right now and I wanted to play with the OC features of this CPU...

I wanted to get on this thread because I tried OC'ing the FSB last night and it simply wouldn't POST. Thx to an earlier post, I changed my "PCIe Clock Synchronize" set to "Enable" (I'm running the 080012 BIOS Rev) and I've been able to push it to 173 FSB with no voltage adjustment. I was able to get it to 180 FSB (3.62GHz) with the VCore set to 1.4375. Will keep trying to push it and see what happens.

If anyone's learned anything new or has any other good tips on this board, I'd love to hear about them. Like an earlier post, I've also seen similar SpeedFan readings that don't make much sense.

Thx,
SR

fenfeimeng

Hi,everyone, my motherboard is ECS elitegroup 945P-A(V2.0).When I heighten the FSB,the PCI will go up too,then the HDD willn't be found.Is there a method to fix PCIE/PCI at 100/33?If the FSB of CPU is 166/200(standard frequency),then the PCIE/PCI will also be 100/33.but if the FSB is 133,I heighten it to 166 the PCIE/PCI will be go up proportionally.Is it decided by clock generator,or motherboard?Is there a method that make the bios to mistake the CPU with FSB 133 for 166?

Last edited:

speedrazer

My 945P-A is v1.1

and I'm not using SATA drives yet. The only thing I saw on the web that MIGHT help is getting a cheap PCI SATA controller and running your drives through it. However, I suspect this will only work if it's truly a problem with the onboard controller chipset. Otherwise, I'm unaware of how to set the bus speeds differently with this board/BIOS.

fenfeimeng

Do someone know if 945P and ICH7 can fix PCIE and PCI at constant in default? If I use an IDE HD then it is stable when I heighten FSB?The reason that My sataII HD can't be found is the sataII HD isn't in PCI and can't be fixed at constant.Is it right?

encryptedballa

Im in the same situation with a 805...

after i overclock my sata drive is no longer detected. anyone know how to fix this?

fenfeimeng

Can't past 150?
I think another reason is that your memory is not strong.
But you can set the memory at 400(4,4,4,11(default)) if your memory is DDR2-533.
Mine is using this method (my memory is trash),but it can't boot over 160 because the SATA HD can't be found.
I hope there is a method can fix the SATA frequency at constant even if the FSB is at 166 or 200 that would be better.